Optimus S Gingerbread

masaharustin

May 31, 2011
Visit site
Today I upgraded to Gingerbread and ZVH on my Optimus S. I've tried the stock ROM as well as gROM. I've noticed significantly worse performance than 2.2 roms (Reborn, Drew's CM7). What do you guys think?

Right now I'd like to get back to ZVD. How can I got about this?

Thanks,
masaharustin

sfhub

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Today I upgraded to Gingerbread and ZVH on my Optimus S. I've tried the stock ROM as well as gROM. I've noticed significantly worse performance than 2.2 roms (Reborn, Drew's CM7). What do you guys think?

Right now I'd like to get back to ZVD. How can I got about this?
When I first upgraded to ZVH the phone had some instability issues and was a little slow. I then did a factory reset, and the instability went away but the phone was a little slow. I believe there are some one time maintenance being done that is slowing the phone down, because after I let it sit for half a day, it became fast again, as fast or faster than ZVD.

I suggest you factory reset if you haven't and let it sit for half a day before deciding to revert. You may still think it is slow, but at least you gave it a chance to speed up to normal.

You can revert to ZVD using the instructions in the 2nd link of my signature. Substitute the VD cab in the reference section for the V9 cab in the main instructions.

donbudafuko

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
Same here after i let it sit for awhile an charged it its really fast an smooth ii thinks its faster then any other rom iv tryed so far

darktoy

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
Like others have stated, it takes a couple of charges or reboots for GB to finally kick in. At first the touch screen was kinda flaky and transitions were laggy but now it's really smooth on day 2 of use.

I ran the Quadrant Benchmark app and now it rang up a score of 800+ stock passing the Nexus One.

I know before with 2.2 it got a high 500.

scrosler

ROM Developer
Nov 30, 2010
Visit site
Like others have stated, it takes a couple of charges or reboots for GB to finally kick in. At first the touch screen was kinda flaky and transitions were laggy but now it's really smooth on day 2 of use.

I ran the Quadrant Benchmark app and now it rang up a score of 800+ stock passing the Nexus One.

Thats a good score! Thats a real good score!

pergerson6

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site

Damn I got a 1418 using drew's cm7 lol! The highest I ever got stock on 2.2 was 900 but that was with tweaks and chainfire 3D.

Sent from my LG-LS670 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

rod_munch

May 9, 2011
Visit site
gROM is great. it easily runs better than any previous cm7 build i have run. and it is way more stable. just wait a few days to a week for someone to port a cm7 build to the new base band. quadrant just gave me 816 with chainfire.

darktoy

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
Damn I got a 1418 using drew's cm7 lol! The highest I ever got stock on 2.2 was 900 but that was with tweaks and chainfire 3D.

Yes I've gotten those scores before as well with many different roms and CPU tweaks but like I said my Optimus S is **stock** 2.3.3 and scored an 820.

820 with no tweaks or chainfire (I don't even know what that is)

That's a huge jump from when I first opened up this little bad boy and scored a 450 or so stock.

pergerson6

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
Thats still is very impressive to me! If my phone was completely stock the highest score I ever had was a 477.

captmeach7

Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
Well it could be partly due to the fact that stock Froyo had stagefright disabled because it didn't play nice. (enabling it gave us the higher and fake quadrants), but now the libs have been fixed in 2.3 from what i understand so stagefright is enabled by default and is accelerating the h264 part of the test.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randomname09