Optimus S issues

i mow grass

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Well about 2 months ago I flashed my phone with the reborn rom, and just recently it has been freezing up on me and not receiving texts. I was wondering what I need to do to fix this? I have read about dirty flashes but am not sure if this would help me. I would really like to keep all my data without having to restore it again.

Thanks,
Grass

jstntp

/\C...D3\/
Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
Try this first, go into recovery and wipe cache and dalvik cache but NOT data. Then reflash the Reborn version you already have. It will take a little longer to reboot the first time. See if that helps.

The other option is to back up all data with titanium backup and then wipe everything and flash the newest version of Reborn. Then you can restore your data from titanium.

Texano78704

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I have not had any lock ups with my phone, but this past Friday it did stop receiving text messages. I was still able to send text messages. I called tech support and the first thing they had me check was the available memory (Settings>SD card & phone storage).

Tech said any time the available memory gets down to 15% or less of the phone memory this can happen. Can't remember exactly what he said the total available memory was, something like 128 MB. My phone wasn't even close to 15%.

Next, he suggested I try deleting some text threads as they can get corrupt (?). I deleted a few and later all. Didn't may any difference. He made a suggestion that I try resetting something on the phone, but before I did that, I rebooted the phone and it started receiving texts again. Perhaps that was it, or it was a combo of deleting text message threads and rebooting.

blackops1125

Advisor
Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
I had same problem with phone freezing. What I did was wipe everything including data, cache & dalvik cache then flashed the de-bug zip and then re-flashed latest reborn rom and re-installed apps from market. System runs nice and smooth with no lag.
I can not link you debug zip right now because I am not at computer. After work I can.
The debug zip wipes everything that that android system doesn't and helps prevent problems like this.

EDIT: Here is the Debug zip
See attached file below
sent from my CM7/Reborn w/ 1 Gb internal storage Optimus S

Always happy to help, hit that thanks button if I did

Last edited:

DoesItMatter

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
Did you do any linking to your Facebook account?

#1 killer of most phones is when people link their contacts to Facebook.

NEVER do that - there are TONS of forum posts out there about that issue.

To prevent any data-loss

1) nandroid backup your current setup
2) do an SMS backup and make sure you have done a current google sync (backup contacts/calendar/etc)
3) backup any apps/settings with Titanium backup or some similar app/data backup program
4) then go ahead and follow advice about doing all the wipes,etc.

If the wipes and re-flash fix all your issues, restore the backed up apps, re-sync, and then you can delete the nandroid backup from step #1 (since its already hosed up)

Then go ahead and make a NEW nandroid of your current good working phone.

You can never have too many backups.