318sugarhill

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
So, with the Razr getting ready for ICS, and the Rezound rumors of the latest leak being the OTA, I've decided to wait for the OTA. My question is being unlocked and rooted will I have to relock in order to receive the OTA? If that is the case, then I might as well do it now and install the leak RUU. I'm sure I will lose root, but if I don't have to relock, then Amon Ra should reroot it for me correct?

I don't NEED ICS, but I NEED root. Whatever it takes to keep root for the next two months (need to tether) I will stay on GB, but I am ready to move up to ICS, RUU or OTA. Just hoping the OTA will be easier and not have to relock, and unlock again.

NoYankees44

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
Yes you can root, but not with amon ra unless it's changed, you will have to flash a root file after you unlock again. Someone else can tell you more about it and give you the file.

Or you could just reinstall recovery and flash a stock rooted Rom. That would be just as easy.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW

Dovahkiin

One Man Wolfpack
Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
So, with the Razr getting ready for ICS, and the Rezound rumors of the latest leak being the OTA, I've decided to wait for the OTA. My question is being unlocked and rooted will I have to relock in order to receive the OTA? If that is the case, then I might as well do it now and install the leak RUU. I'm sure I will lose root, but if I don't have to relock, then Amon Ra should reroot it for me correct?

I don't NEED ICS, but I NEED root. Whatever it takes to keep root for the next two months (need to tether) I will stay on GB, but I am ready to move up to ICS, RUU or OTA. Just hoping the OTA will be easier and not have to relock, and unlock again.

If you decided to delete any bloatware with your root powers, you'll have to re-lock in order to run the RUU.
I'm 70% certain you need to relock for the OTA anyway. But it only takes like 5 minutes.

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site
It sucks major anal that Razr gets ICS before Rezound does...now I gave up my VZW Gnex to get the Rezound ONLY because the rumor mill had me to believe that it'd be one of the first phones to acquire it..me thinx something is going on behind the scenes that "caused" the Razr and MAXX to be the 1st two phones on VZW aside from the GNex to get ICS..hate I listened to the guy with VZW Employee Accts. (when I was an indirect agent) and switched

:(:':)mad:

uncoolcracker

May 26, 2012
Visit site

Look up "tether" by clockworkmod in the play store. Works great. You dont need root

Sent from my Astounding ReZound

318sugarhill

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
I need WIRELESS tether. Can't tether an Ipad with clockwork. I need root.

Anyway, I have NOT deleted any bloatware. I just freeze the bloatware with titanium. Relocking and unlocking is not difficult, but it's not something I remember either, it just takes time to reread the forums and get the right stuff going again. Plus I use a mac ( I remember it wasn't hard, as I did all the prep work on my mac before I even had the phone)

I was just looking for the easiest method. Funny because I couldn't tinker enough with the Dinc, now I don't feel like messing around anymore, just want it too work :)

So rooting after ICS is not as easy as using Amon Ra huh? Looks like I need to look into that.

leroybrute

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
I see the razr is getting 4.04 with global capabilities, and on the latest rezound leak it is 4.03 without global capabilities. Unless im missing something. I'm hoping the ontario for the rezound is different than this last leak.

MrSmith317

Mr Fix-It
Mar 1, 2010
Visit site
If you need to keep root through the OTA try otarootkeeper from the market.

Relock: plug in to computer, reboot phone into HBOOT, open command prompt, from the androidSDK directory: fastboot oem lock, done

Unlock: Find your unlock_code.bin, plug in to computer, reboot phone into HBOOT, open command prompt, from the androidSDK directory: fastboot flash unlocktoken unlock_code.bin, done

teckels

Mar 29, 2010
Visit site
OTA prep if rooted and unlocked: back up apps and data (texts, calls) wait a couple days and get a Rom with OTA and goodies, relax, profit, enjoy.

yellar

May 23, 2011
Visit site
Actually just s-off. It will relock the bootloader and you can flash whatever you want at anytime. If you want root then all you have to do is flash recovery then go into recovery and run a superuser zip file and your rooted. Easiest way to go in my opinion.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2