Overclocking

mrksbrd

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
Please forgive me but I am a 3 day old noob here. I've been searching & searching for a way to root the 2.1 OS on the Droid to just install a overclocking program. After several hours of looking online & dead links, I am still not able to come up with a solid answer of whether this can be done or not. I'm not looking to put a rom on the phone @ this time just overclock with the stock 2.1 @ about 700-800mhz as I don't want to burn out the processor just yet.

Any solid help with this would be greatly appreciated.

mrksbrd

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
Give this page a try. I just dove in last weekend and I used the videos on this site as my guide.

Video: Installing Stock 2.1 With Root Access | Droid Life: A Motorola Droid Blog

Thanks for the link... I came over from Blackberry and can hybrid those phones in my sleep, this one on the other hand still makes me nervous to touch. At 550mhz it has some lag that I would like to correct that & would like to make it more responsive. One other question when I root the update.zip file to the SD card, does this "flash" the SPRecovery SBF file or is this another step that must be taken first? I don't want to brick this phone being only 3 days old

Last edited:

borgey401

Mar 24, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the link... I came over from Blackberry and can hybrid those phones in my sleep, this one on the other hand still makes me nervous to touch. At 550mhz it has some lag that I would like to correct that & would like to make it more responsive. One other question when I root the update.zip file to the SD card, does this "flash" the SPRecovery SBF file or is this another step that must be taken first? I don't want to brick this phone being only 3 days old

all the SBF file does it re write your recovery screen. then to gain root access you have to actually flash a rooted ROM with the new recovery you just flashed. if you would like i can help you if you get stuck at all. i have no problem helping out people new in the android community since help was given to me when i needed it when i first got my droid. message me if you want my email and i can help you

mrksbrd

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
Thanks everyone for all the input, I'm finally starting to understand this phone and its capabilities. I know have it over clocked @ 700/500 along with Ultimate Droid v10 and this thing is wicked fast now. Exactly what I was looking for. I think I found a new home.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Captain Fluellen