overclocking

droid 8172

Dec 10, 2009
Visit site
Is there an app or someone that can give me a step by step to overclock ? I want to overclock to at least 950 or what ever is safer. Thanks..

ninjataint

Feb 11, 2010
Visit site
SholesModUpdater from the Market...Root and load Shole 2.0.3...then SetCPU from the Market...Then pick autodetect and bump it to 800 or 1000...Use profiles in SetCPU to keep it from chewing through the battery when you are not using the phone.

This is the easiest way if you are not rooted. Will set you back 7 dollars or so but consider it a donation to people who made the programs. If you are rooted already just download SetCPU.

PITTSBURGHkid83

Feb 5, 2010
Visit site
I'm new to all this rooting stuff and I used sholes for the first time recently it was pretty easy although I still don't think I would try to do it manuallly yet unless anyone knows a good step by step? Any who I have a question about overlocking the processor and it might be a dumb one does it speed up everything the phone does like running apps and web browsing etc?

Jared DiPane

Feb 7, 2010
www.twitter.com
Overclocking will enhance the performance of the processor of your device. With this said, many have and will say it does enhance the overall speed of the device, and makes it rather snappy. I would agree.