Overheating (50?C) and battery drain

Umair Shams

Mar 19, 2014
Visit site
Recently I started to get problems of overheating and battery drain. You won't believe it but the battery drains in 4 hours on standby (with the screen off) and gets extremely hot about 52? C. Also once it switches off it won't switch on easily. I often have to wait 2-3 days for it to boot. Can anyone tell me what the problem could be?

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
Recently I started to get problems of overheating and battery drain. You won't believe it but the battery drains in 4 hours on standby (with the screen off) and gets extremely hot about 52? C. Also once it switches off it won't switch on easily. I often have to wait 2-3 days for it to boot. Can anyone tell me what the problem could be?

Can you check to see if there are any apps running in the background? Also, try to keep battery eating things like Mobile Data, Bluetooth, and WiFi to a minimum.

Sent from my AT&T One X running CodefireX ROM Android Version 4.4.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
If you bought it from a carrier then contact them and they should take care of you. If not contact samsung

Also you can use the gsam app to see what is draining your battery

dpham00, Android Central Moderator
Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro

boudicca00

Oct 4, 2013
Visit site
To let me know when/if my system overheats, I use the app Temperature Guard Pro. To let me know if any app goes crazy and starts taking up too much cpu, I use Watchdog. I second the use of GSam Battery Monitor to know how your phone is using the battery. To see what apps are running, I use SystemPanel App.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SandraC