Overnight charge on my Note 2

A

AC Question

Hello. I have a Note 2 GT-N7105 from 2012 and heard that if you charge overnight it will damage the battery. I have noticed the battery has expanded which i believe is from the heat. But I have changed the battery and the same effect has happened. My question is, when you charge overnight on a Samsung Galaxy Note 2 GT-N7105, what is the damage? Is it the battery or the phone?

Thanks

anon(238680)

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central. I personally don't leave a battery on the charger once it's at 100%. A good charger will then stop and just keep a trickle charge going, but I don't trust chargers to not overcharge. Overcharging will destroy a battery and can be dangerous. Yes, a battery will expand slightly when warm, as will most materials, but only slightly. Overcharging, and not to say that you're doing that, will damage the battery, not the phone.

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Android Central.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guylenn49