Panda Bluetooth BT 4.0--can't transfer files between phone and computer

fearfeasog

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
I just bought this Panda BT dongle for my computer, thinking it'd be nice to be able to transfer files to anf from my Gal s5 without using the wire. (lazy, I know.) But though the devices are paired, I don't seem to be able to transfer the files! I have transferred files from my phone to another phone, and even to my mac mini. the computer in question here is a windows 7 64 bit machine--lenovo think pad.

as I say they pair ok, but nothing after that. anyone have any ideas? thanks!

ff

monicakm

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
I just installed this and got a warning...Potential threat alert: to prevent phishing, receive notifications when applications with the authority to send or receive messages are installed. Are there known security issues with this app?

monicakm

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
I'm playing around with AirDroid. I transfered a picture from the PC to the S5. It's a 300kb jpg. I tried to attach it to a text message. It won't work. Said it was an "unsupported attachment". Is it a limitation of the app or is it me?
Thanks

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
I'm playing around with AirDroid. I transfered a picture from the PC to the S5. It's a 300kb jpg. I tried to attach it to a text message. It won't work. Said it was an "unsupported attachment". Is it a limitation of the app or is it
Thanks

I have never tried to text a pic that I have moved from the pc using air droid. I'm at work so I can't even check to see whether or not it will work for me.

Posted via Android Central App

monicakm

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
I was able to email the same picture. Hummm, that takes some of the fun out of this app (not being able to text a transferred picture).

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
I was able to email the same picture. Hummm, that takes some of the fun out of this app (not being able to text a transferred picture).

I'm wondering if it's the air droid app or the texting app. I'll still check mine to see if it works when I get home

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
What happens if you rename the .jpg to .png?

Also, you may want to try that other app, Wifi File Explorer. I've never actually used AirDroid myself. But I also haven't tested out your situation with Wifi File Explorer.

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
I'm playing around with AirDroid. I transfered a picture from the PC to the S5. It's a 300kb jpg. I tried to attach it to a text message. It won't work. Said it was an "unsupported attachment". Is it a limitation of the app or is it me?
Thanks

I tried it out and I was able to text a 465 kb jpeg from a pic I sent from my computer fine. I have no idea what went wrong for you.

monicakm

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
I tried it out and I was able to text a 465 kb jpeg from a pic I sent from my computer fine. I have no idea what went wrong for you.

It's working now. I changed a setting (somewhere) that said to check this if you're having trouble (with something) LOL Aren't I helpful! Don't know if that's what fixed it or not.
Question for those that have used AirDroid for awhile. Just installed it on my husband's phone last night but can't figure out how to transfer files between our phones. And can both of our phones be connected with the one PC at the same time? He's at work right now so I can't see the exact screen but it said to connect to other devices install AirDroid (it's on both phones) and log into the phone you're trying to connect with??? But both options of were grayed out. Sorry if I'm not explaining this correctly.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfrostpierce