Password manager

Status
Not open for further replies.

tivoboy

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
Does anyone know where on a samsung galaxy S24 U device, APP passwords are stored on the device so they can be retrieved? I don’t see them showing up in Samsung Pass, or google accounts passwords.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
What do you mean by "APP passwords"? Do you mean a password that you use to log into a specific app? Even if you were able to find the location, you wouldn't be able to see what it is -- that would be a significant security risk.

Reactions: SeeBeeEss

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Does anyone know where on a samsung galaxy S24 U device, APP passwords are stored on the device so they can be retrieved? I don’t see them showing up in Samsung Pass, or google accounts passwords.
Settings>general management>password, pass key, autofill

Or in search bar in settings type auto fill

f4a5aaa4180fec258ff68a4403d99cb8.jpg

Reactions: BerryBubbles

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
Update: you replied while I was being long winded. These tips may still help you since you didn't find what you were looking for. Be warned I wrote this thinking you had not replied yet. So yeah.

Wow, let's go back, way back to 2011 when this thread was started. I actually wouldn't mind going back to that year. Anyway, I feel like the question is more basic and I might be wrong. If you are trying to just find the storage location and view the passwords then yes what B. Diddy and mustang are saying is correct. That is not possible. If you just want to view your saved passwords that is possible through whatever app or service you're using to save/store them. You have an S24 so it's possible that you are using Samsung Pass, which is just called Pass in your app drawer, or you could be using Google Password which I don't believe has an actual app but can be accessed through your browser signed into your Google account or Google Settings in your app drawer. I actually think the browser takes you to settings so either way I believe you end up in the same place. In the meantime to access the passwords in Samsung Pass, open the Pass app form your app drawer, if you have passwords saved there you will have to sign in, once signed in perform any updates that are needed, I say that because I just signed in to get the directions correct and was greated with an update message. Then scroll down to Sign-in info, where you will find two options. One for Apps and websites and one for passwords you've added manually. Not sure why there would be a difference but pick the one that you believe is the one you need and scroll through the list to find the one you want. Samsung Pass is actually easier I think than Google but after you make a default selection as mustang describes your choice will pop up most of the time when you land on a sign-in page.
For Google saved passwords open your browser and type, passwords.google.com and it takes you to your saved passwords list. It will show you how many passwords you have saved and you can scroll through to find the one you're looking for. When you try to open it you will be prompted to enter your Google password or like me you'll be prompted to populate the field by Samsung Pass and you will use your fingerprint to sign in. Then you can view your saved password.

Let us know if any of this was helpful or give us more information so that we are able to offer you better advice.

Reactions: Laura Knotek

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Thanks.. I had LASTPASS selected as the preferred service, and yet on the device I can’t find the stored passwords for some apps I use.. Shouldn’t they be findable somewhere on the device?

Oh heck no! Well, I mean yes *technically* the info is stored, but only as a heavily encrypted blob of data that you can not access unless you go through the LastPass app to access your vault. And their app will only access your vault when signed in. It will not show you passwords to an account not signed in, nor passwords from other services. If you are signed in to LastPass but are not seeing the logins for apps you expected to be saved, then it's likely that the info wasn't saved for whatever reason. It may also be that it didn't sync properly, but that is extremely unlikely.

And to be honest, your question is a bit sketchy, like you're trying to access someone else's passwords. If you use LastPass, you should already know how it works, not asking how to retrieve the data through other means.

Reactions: Laura Knotek
Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rach_1024