Perculiear whole phone crashes

maybemaebh

Dec 29, 2023
Visit site
For the past monthish my Pixel 4a 5G has been entirelly crashing(just immediate black screen and no acknollagment) after anywhere from 3s to a few hours making it practically unusable. I've tried factory reseting it, then reapling the latest OTA update and now reflashing with android 13. I doesn't seem to crash during the setup but I think when left sitting on it for testing it did eventually, while it will the moment it leaves setup crash.

Tried removing case, backup, google acount, safe mode and sim.

I'm not aware of it getting wet nor does it show any other symptoms. It has a had a few falls (in it's case with no effect at the time.
Currently planning on opeing up to check for any obviose loose wires, damadged components etc. but and generally very confused as to what could be causing it so thought it whould be best to ask? any Ideas whatsoever whould be apreciated.

edit:sometimes it will reboot automatically when it crashes, othertimes not.

Last edited:

rvbfan

Jan 17, 2015
Visit site
Making me think it's an issue with the battery or connection to said. Usually if it's the soc or display you'll have some indication that the phone is still alive.

Reactions: Laura Knotek

maybemaebh

Dec 29, 2023
Visit site
I've tried safe mode and made sure nothing is installed. the way it doesn't happen in initial setup doesn't quite add up for me but best bet seems to be to have a look around the battery tomorow. Thanks for your insight