phone app on oneplus 7 and 8t

zocom

Dec 4, 2021
Visit site
got myself a oneplus 8t upgraded from the 7 the phone app that comes with the 8t ver 6 is nowhere near as good as the one on the 7 ver 5 in my opinion and if you upgrade the app its even worse on my 7 i could set the my calls to record automatically with no warning which came in very handy as you can imagine but on the 8t you have to do it manually and both parties get a warning a few more settings are different as well i cant swap swipe up and down on the 8t but can on the 7 so used apk extractor to back the phone app up on the 7 and transfer it to the 8t it works and looks like the 7 now but keeps asking for permission to use the microphone which ive set to allow when using the app but still dont work and when you click on the 3 dots at the top there is no settings just takes me back to the home screen ive removed the ver 6 that comes with the phone but cant uninstall it as its part of android im just going around in circles any solutions guys

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! What country do you live in? Call recording is illegal in many places (or it requires the other party's express consent), so perhaps that's why the feature went away.

I moved this from the Android Apps forum to the OnePlus 8 forum for more specific traffic.

zocom

Dec 4, 2021
Visit site
Im in the UK but thats not really the point the point is i used to be able to do it on my oneplus 7 for 24 months but cant do the same on my oneplus 8t they are both running android 11 so should be able to use the same phone app must be a way in doing it

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Im in the UK but thats not really the point the point is i used to be able to do it on my oneplus 7 for 24 months but cant do the same on my oneplus 8t they are both running android 11 so should be able to use the same phone app must be a way in doing it
Welcome to AC!
They probably pulled that feature out , that happens either Google or One plus decision.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xd3dp1gX