Phone Auto Restart

Mr.Chocolate

Mar 28, 2010
Visit site
Hi i just bought my Milestone last saturday. However, it came to my attention where it suddenly keeps restarting by itself since this morning. Any ideas what could be the cause and any solutions to it? Its exceptionally irritating where i am in the midst of typing a msg where it suddenly just restarts itself. Thanks!

webbie721

Feb 24, 2010
Visit site
I bought my Droid last week and yesterday it just started to restart on it is own. I did finally determine that it was rebooting every time I got a notification from gmail. If I went in to gmail on my pc and marked the message as read and then on the next power up cycle my phone would be fine, but as soon as I received another gmail notification, it started all over. It seemed to start within minutes of installing vizBattery widget. I removed it immediately but it didn't stop the restarts, so I began removing all the other widgets and apps that I had installed but it continued to restart. After a few hours of tinkering, I just determined it was better to do a factory reset and went back through and re-installed the widgets and apps (excluding vizBattery Widget) and it is running perfectly.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MusicChris63