Phone cant send or receive mms

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Hello I have a galaxy note 9 and ever since I bought it I could not send or download MMS through the text app. In Facebook messanger it will work just fine. Well I have downloaded other apps to try and fix this issue but have had no luck. I called my service provider multiple times to fix the issue and after about 7 or 8 calls over 2 months they finally tell me it's a software issue and my phone will not send or receive MMS. My phone was bought from at&t and I use straight talk as my service. I have done this with Many phones in the past with no issue untill now lol. Is there a way to fix this easy? Or is there maybe a place I can take it and have the software fixed? In my line of work it is important for me to be able to receive pics . I also called at&t and was told to contact my service provider so at this point idk what to do other then buy another phone . I hope I put plenty of detail for you guys but I'll try to check up on this daily. If you have anymore questions I'll answer them the best I can. Thank you!

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Set up your APN as follows:

Name: straight talk
APN: tfdata
MMSC: http://mms-tf.net
MMS proxy: mms3.tracfone.com
MMS port: 80
MCC: 310
MNC: 410

If that doesn't work, add GoPhone service (at an AT&T store) for 1 month (that's cheaper than a new phone) and ask where the Device Support Center is. Bring the phone there and tell them just that you can't receive or send MMS, not the rest of the story. (Of course check it first.)

If it works on Go Phone, and not Straight Talk, contact Straight Talk on their Facebook page (that's where their best customer service people are). If the DSC can't get it working on GoPhone, they'll probably replace the phone (so make sure you have everything backed up before you bring it to them).