Phone dialed itself

diver110

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
My phone was in a jacket pocket. I pulled it out to find it calling some number. I assumed I somehow bumped the phone button. Anyway to avoid this?

omnicubegames

Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
I guess it was locked/sleep when it was in your pocket? You could add pin/security pattern to the screen if you're constantly accidentally are calling

Jon Godwin

Sep 14, 2014
Visit site
This is a constant annoying issue that I am always dealing with. I have a pattern that I use but it still somehow finds a way to do it....

AZgl1500

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
Just about always when something weird happens on my phone, I can track it down to loose fingers touching the edges of the screen.

For me, I just move the "bad boy" icon away from the screen edge and leave some blank space where my fingers normally grip the phone.

I was using swipe for a while and notifications would unlock the screen and then it would stay on.
This will also cause errant miss-dials as just body pressure while in your pocket will activate stuff.

My fix for this was to go back to a Pattern so that the screen goes back to sleep when a notification comes in.

AZgl1500

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
What does it mean to go back to a pattern?

The S5 has several options to "Unlock Screen"

• Swipe
  • Pattern
  • Pincode

pattern is just one of those options that I choose to use, simply because the Swipe pattern is totally insecure.... any notification unlocks the phone and then any button on that page can be activated while in your pocket.

Pattern means, you have to trace a pattern with your finger to unlock the phone. And when a notification comes in, it the phone briefly shows that on the top of the screen and IF the time expires for me to acknowledge that notification, the screen goes black again. Ergo, no **** dialing can happen.

Pincode, is worse, you have to actually enter a pincode correctly to unlock the phone. It is immensely more secure, but for me, it is a total PITA and I refuse to use it. Caveat Emptor

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nwh212