phone gets hot when tethering, common?

buzz86us

Jun 27, 2011
Visit site
I always have this problem when I tether this phone I was just wondering if I needed to have it replaced or if it is just a very common issue.

anthonycr

Themer. You've seen them
Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
Its common when tethering because wifi and 3G are running simultaneously. Don't be concerned. I normally take the back off while I tether to lett the heat escape a little easier.

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk 2

jonny5449

AC Citizen
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
Its common when tethering because wifi and 3G are running simultaneously. Don't be concerned. I normally take the back off while I tether to lett the heat escape a little easier.

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk 2

Normal

Ginger Rom
Hydro kernel
808mhz
Amphetimas
8gb sd

clodfelterac

Samurai Dev
Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
before tethering, do a fresh reboot... then go to settings>apps>running apps> and stop any unneeded or misbehaving apps before you tether... its good to keep running apps to a minimum anyway to keep ram freed up... at least in my mind... this should help a bit... :)

bjzapp

Where did u hear tht word
Feb 19, 2012
Visit site
It's absolutely common, expected to happen. Just as if you were downloading something via 3G. Even with the screen off, its still quite a load on the battery and processor.
I believe that even closing unnecessary apps wont do much in this circumstance. Tether is tether.... your connection is working constantly( upload download)

crickie

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
Yes..it's a common problem with this phone. I turn my data/ 3g connect off. I usually don't tether too long but mine has become hot this way. And DON'T CHARGE OFF THE COMPUTER. It will get hotter faster. Some newer PC's are low voltage use (made to be environment friendly) and won't cause it to heat up, or as fast. Older PC's or Gamers that require tons of power to run a big system will generate tons of heat themselves ,and will heat up a cell in no time. Moderation is the key!

curtis1973

King Of Pants
Aug 7, 2011
Visit site
i use pdanet via usb on my ov. gets warm at times but never hot. i use pdanet because the tethering option in iho is for all windows versions above xp and i use xp prinarily so the built in option isn't helpful to me

bdfull3r

May 11, 2011
Visit site
Mine gets really hot on the rare occasion that I do tether to the point where iI need a fan to sstop it from overheatting and god forbid I get a text or a ball while tethering

Frank Mick

Dec 24, 2014
Visit site
There is a solution for this, in fact overheat happens while tethering because The phone is doing extra work for tethering especially when the tethering speed is high . try to limit the tethering download speed and it will be fine . look for app : bandwidth ruler for android