Phone keeps rebooting

torga12

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
My LG Optimus G keeps rebooting. When it starts up, it never recognizes the ATT network, or even the phone number that it is registered to. At one point, I did a factory reset, and it restarted a few more times, and it started working. Now, about 2 weeks later, I can not get it to stay on. It only stays on for 20 to 30 seconds, just enough time to search for something in the settings. The phone is maybe a month old, as it was an insurance replacement for another phone. Any suggestions?

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
My LG Optimus G keeps rebooting. When it starts up, it never recognizes the ATT network, or even the phone number that it is registered to. At one point, I did a factory reset, and it restarted a few more times, and it started working. Now, about 2 weeks later, I can not get it to stay on. It only stays on for 20 to 30 seconds, just enough time to search for something in the settings. The phone is maybe a month old, as it was an insurance replacement for another phone. Any suggestions?

Not exactly sure how, but try rebooting into recovery and clearing the phone's cache.

Sent from a SlimROM S3.

torga12

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
I did try the reset by holding down the power button and volume down, but when it goes into the new screen, it still reboots. Something new I have just discovered, the back of the battery door has contact pins that touch the pins on the back of the inside of the phone. The back door is cracked, so would this cause a problem?

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I did try the reset by holding down the power button and volume down, but when it goes into the new screen, it still reboots. Something new I have just discovered, the back of the battery door has contact pins that touch the pins on the back of the inside of the phone. The back door is cracked, so would this cause a problem?

Actually, yes. That may be the problem.

Sent from a SlimROM S3.

slinkies

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Actually those pins its touching are for NFC and should not make any difference whether the back is cracked or not because the phone will still fully fuction without any contact being made by said pins or with on again off again contact sound like u got a bad refurb...

Sent from my LG-LS970 using AC Forums mobile app

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bobbamany79