Phone Loops @ start suggestions?

Weirwood

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
So two days ago my wifi started getting errors on my HTC incredible. I turned it off and back on and it started looping @ the android eye. it just goes back to the "HTC white screen" then back to the eye... over and over.

So I did the Factory reset (bar never moves) then I did the delete memory (bar never moves) since I needed a phone for family/work I connected my old LG Dare (don't laugh pls). So now that I have some time I'd like to see about fixing my smart phone.

So if you had a HTC Incredible that looped at the Android Eye, you tried the factory reset and deleting of the memory (via the hold power/down volume button) would you (or could you) do some sort of new install via rooting or such? I'm not worried about warranties considering how old this phone is and I could get a new phone (not in a contract).

Any suggestions or thoughts?

thanks in advance for the help.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
How long are you letting it sit at the droid eye? Often times the device can take a while to reboot after a factory reset/cache wipe. If it sits for longer than 5-10 minutes then yes, we have a problem.

Go back into recovery and factory reset then clear cache at the same time. Reboot and see if that fixes the problem.

Weirwood

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
How long are you letting it sit at the droid eye? Often times the device can take a while to reboot after a factory reset/cache wipe. If it sits for longer than 5-10 minutes then yes, we have a problem.

Go back into recovery and factory reset then clear cache at the same time. Reboot and see if that fixes the problem.

I left it for an hour and it just loops over and over and over by it self.

I've also done both, recovery (2-3 times) and clear cache (2-3 times) both times the bar on the bottom never moves then the phone resets it self and starts up like normal - goes to eye then freezes (and after the freeze it by it self resets back to the splash screen and starts again).

Weirwood

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
I'm 100% with installing something if I had too. Honestly I would just want ti back working so I can use the wifi in my home >_>

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Comviq