Phone Rebooting Itself

adlebo

Sep 19, 2010
Visit site
My epic keeps rebooting itself at a rate of 10 times a day. It happens only when idle and not in use. I keep on hearing the rebooting sound and its becoming annoying. I tried getting rid of some apps but its still happening. Today I tried taking out the sd card and that definitely helped. Its not rebooting when the sd card isn't in. So obviously theres a problem with the sd card. But what do I do about it. I was thinking about a factory reset but after realizing its the sd card is that gonna help something? Any help would be appreciated!

Last edited:

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
If you say this is stopping when you pull the sd card then you may have a bad/faulty sd card. I would backup whatever you have on sdcard to your computer then try formatting the card and see if that helps. Otherwise you may need a new card. A factory reset will not do anything to your card it will only reset your phones internal storage/settings.

Reactions: adlebo

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
Mine did the same thing and I had my phone replaced and now it is doing great. While yours may be an issue with your card mine was not. When I got my new phone, it came without a memory card so I was forced to keep my original card.

adlebo

Sep 19, 2010
Visit site
If you say this is stopping when you pull the sd card then you may have a bad/faulty sd card. I would backup whatever you have on sdcard to your computer then try formatting the card and see if that helps. Otherwise you may need a new card. A factory reset will not do anything to your card it will only reset your phones internal storage/settings.

What do I do after reformatting the card? Should I just put back everything from my copy in the computer to the the sd card? Will the reformatting itself do the trick or if it's something specifically wrong with a file than I might have to delete the files, but how would I know which one is corrupt? Wow I do have alot of questions!

adlebo

Sep 19, 2010
Visit site
Ok guys I think I figured this one out. I'll post this info just in case it helps anyone else. I realized that the "idle" rebooting is happening even with my sd card out. But then it dawned on me that the reboot only happens when its in my galaxy s leather pouch and never ever when looking at it (like it was scared of me or something!) . So I figured out it must be the pouch that's causing buttons to be pressed and therefore reboots.
I had the epic in the pouch with the screen facing me. Now I turned it around and the screen is facing away from me, and it never rebooted again!!

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Ok guys I think I figured this one out. I'll post this info just in case it helps anyone else. I realized that the "idle" rebooting is happening even with my sd card out. But then it dawned on me that the reboot only happens when its in my galaxy s leather pouch and never ever when looking at it (like it was scared of me or something!) . So I figured out it must be the pouch that's causing buttons to be pressed and therefore reboots.
I had the epic in the pouch with the screen facing me. Now I turned it around and the screen is facing away from me, and it never rebooted again!!

Good, glad you figured it out.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JaydenWhitfield