Phone stays awake

cdf3

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
Wish there was a way I could figure out what's keeping my phone awake.
I'm noticing how it's awake quite often when the screen is off, and when I'm not using the phone.
Battery life has suffered because of it.
a6f86b58-dbd5-9cd6.jpg

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Check any app that might have settings for autoupdate or autosync, mostly social apps. If it's frequently checking the web to sync, that can eat battery and keep the phone awake.

cdf3

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
Check any app that might have settings for autoupdate or autosync, mostly social apps. If it's frequently checking the web to sync, that can eat battery and keep the phone awake.

It puzzles me because I've went through all of the apps that sync. They're set to never sync, or to sync every 4 hours.
Didn't have the issue before. I do remember updating my apps. I'm thinking it could be an app that's causing the issue. Just wish there was a way to tell which app it is.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

cordoni

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
Have you tried a soft reset, hold volume down and power, if i remember correctly.

I sometimes find a forced reboot can kill some apps that might get hung up trying to update data. Verizon backup and google voice do it to me sometimes.

Also yahoo mail can fail to sync in the email app sometimes, and will keep trying to download until the cows cone home.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using tapatalk

hobbes1879

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
There are a few apps that can help you find a rogue app, if that's what's causing it. Badass Battery Monitor and Better Battery Stats will give you more detail than the stock battery monitor. As well as give you details on what wake locks are happening that could be keeping your phone awake. Better Battery Stats provides very detailed, in depth information. Not sure if posting links to other forums is frowned upon, so I'll just say search the xda forums for it. The developer has a lengthy thread on how to use it over there. I have also heard very good things and success stories about CPU Spy, and Watchdog.

Good luck!

Reactions: cdf3

1fastmr2

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
I would uninstall apps and see what happens to battery performance. I'm sure its social app doing. One time my yahoo messenger would not log in and was working the battery hard :banghead:

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thundernuts