Phone won't Cooperate...DI01

IndyOrtiz2011

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Good People,

My Fascinate seems to have a mind of it's own; I have tried z4Root (temporary and permanent), begginer and intermediate roots posted by a couple guys from the site, and...no luck. You know all the issues: "phone not recognized", root not taking, etc.

What can I try now? Does my "build" matter when i'm trying these various methods? I feel like i've read these threads SO MANY times that i'm a PRO (and yet, a noobie).

Any new ideas? ...HELP!!!

Rooting...I wanna do it, but i'm not being allowed in the inner sanctum! >:eek:/

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Good People,

My Fascinate seems to have a mind of it's own; I have tried z4Root (temporary and permanent), begginer and intermediate roots posted by a couple guys from the site, and...no luck. You know all the issues: "phone not recognized", root not taking, etc.

What can I try now? Does my "build" matter when i'm trying these various methods? I feel like i've read these threads SO MANY times that i'm a PRO (and yet, a noobie).

Any new ideas? ...HELP!!!

Rooting...I wanna do it, but i'm not being allowed in the inner sanctum! >:eek:/

First off , welcome to android central. :)

so what is your goal with rooting? why are you still on DI01? how would you feel about trying out Froyo?

Reactions: IndyOrtiz2011

IndyOrtiz2011

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
I want to have superuser access; I have a geekster buddy who rubs my face in it because his girlfriend has the Incredible (he has the Droid) & he has it rooted, overclocked...the whole nine. I just would like to have some longer battery life, cooler apps/roms/themes, more functionality, and to be able to do a little tinkering...

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
DroidXcon, i've been following your posts (as you may be able to tell); I am SO ready for Froyo... Teach me, Sensai. I am ready to learn. :)

lol thats great, im at work so be patient
first lets make sure you have the basics down

1.) go HERE click software, and get the last drivers, install them on your pc

2.) after drivers are installed put your phone in debugging mode and plug in one of the USB ports in the back of the give it a couple mins to set up

3.)disable any antivirus.

4.) make any backups you need to do now. contacts , let me know when you are set

I want to have superuser access; I have a geekster buddy who rubs my face in it because his girlfriend has the Incredible (he has the Droid) & he has it rooted, overclocked...the whole nine. I just would like to have some longer battery life, cooler apps/roms/themes, more functionality, and to be able to do a little tinkering...

if this is the case maybe froyo isnt the way to go. Froyo is stock. so there really isnt any wow factor to it

IndyOrtiz2011

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
I got you. Patience...

Aaarrgghh!!! Don't have my cord!!!

Will get, and try to find you after; 1 - 1 1/2 hours. Hopefully you will be on then. Thanks, X!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Samira