Phone wont switch on, alarm can only be turned off via snooze

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Hi, I've got a galaxy j3, 2017 model, the one where you cant get yo the battery. I've not used it for a few months but want to remove some music and photo files off it. I charged it up to see if it would turn on. I waited a few minutes and pressed the center button it showed up 3% charging. So I thought it must be working. I left it another couple of hours to fully charge. I removed the charger and tried to switch it on.
The screen stayed black. So I tried pressing the volume down button at the same time as the power button..... still a black screen but a small vibration occured.
Now my alarm goes off daily at 5 am, like I set out up to.
But the only way I can shut the alarm off is my pressing the physical buttons. Which puts it into snooze mode. I have to do this 3 times to finally cut off the alarm. Is my phone totally useless now?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Press and hold Power and Vol Down for about 20 seconds to force a shutdown. Then let the phone charge for at least 6 hours undisturbed, and then press and hold Power for about 20 seconds to see if it boots up normally.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma