Phones downloaded Nougat, now what?

garethrdwilliams

Mar 13, 2014
Visit site
So my phone has downloaded the installer package but when I go to search for an update on the settings it doesn't find it?

When I go to the downloads "app" it sees the zip file and I can open it via "archive preview" only which then opens up the file viewer. Clicking the UPDATE.APP file (4gb) makes it download it but then it asks how I want to open it and lists text, video, app etc but everything I try it just says parse error?

Any ideas?!!

Attachments

• Screenshot_2017-01-19-00-31-40.jpg
    Screenshot_2017-01-19-00-31-40.jpg
    18.6 KB · Views: 71

digitalbreak

Trusted Member
Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
Not part of anything, phone just downloaded it!

Ok, thats strange.

Anyways, you could try this, but you need a sdcard. This has mostly worked for folks who are in beta upgrading to the latest beta build. If you have a final build that will let you upgrade from EMUI 4 to 5, then this method may work. If it fails, it will say it cannot upgrade or this update does not apply to you. If the update completes within a minute or two, then you didn't get Nougat either. So you will know if this works :)

1. In the sd card, create a folder dload
2. Move the update.app file to the dload folder
3. Open phone dialer and dial *#*#2846579#*#*
4. Select Software upgrade

Hope that helps.

garethrdwilliams

Mar 13, 2014
Visit site
1. In the sd card, create a folder dload
2. Move the update.app file to the dload folder
3. Open phone dialer and dial *#*#2846579#*#*
4. Select Software upgrade

Hope that helps.

Did that but it says no update file found when accessing the above way of updating.

I think it's because I can only move the downloaded folder "as is" which would be as a zip file?

If I open the zip file and uncompress it I can see the Software>Dload folder but I can't copy or cut and paste this separately? I even tried copying the zip file to the PC and then copying back over the correct folder to the SDCard but it still was having none of it?

Last resort maybe is taking the SD card out of the phone, inserting it into a SD adaptor, inserting that into the PC and seeing if it'll allow me then to move the uncompressed file over?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2017-01-19-08-44-38.jpg
    Screenshot_2017-01-19-08-44-38.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 37

garethrdwilliams

Mar 13, 2014
Visit site
It randomly said download complete in the notification window at the top of the screen. I didn't look to download it, it had automatically downloaded it. When I clicked on the notification by swiping down to reveal it, it opened in the downloads folder

garethrdwilliams

Mar 13, 2014
Visit site
Ok, so I've got home and connected the phone to the laptop and gone through HiSuite. It said it needed to send through my IMIE to check for an update. After that when I check for an update it also says that there is no update available for me and I'm on the current version.

Wondering if it's come to me in error as looking at the PDF that it downloaded with the UPDATE.APP file etc, it says its for United States_Non specific phones on build no. B122 but I'm in the UK and on build no. B131?

I'd upload the UPDATE.APP file and PDF here if it can be done for others to see or maybe use?

digitalbreak

Trusted Member
Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
So, long story short, Honor has not released the Nougat update for the Honor 8. I am confused as to how you got the update. May be you are part of the beta program but you don't know it yet. There was another thread where the op had forgotten he was part of beta.

If you are not sure, I dont know what you package you have. Make sure its not malware. I will probably restore and wait for the official announcement as it would be widely circulated.

uw

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
my phone did the same thing on jan 15.. got the download message, so i restarted my phone and i got that error message.. had to reboot twice before it continued without the error message.. went to check the updater, but said i was up to date.. and i was getting excited thinking it was the nougat update.. not on any beta program.. i'm in the u.s...

digitalbreak

Trusted Member
Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
my phone did the same thing on jan 15.. got the download message, so i restarted my phone and i got that error message.. had to reboot twice before it continued without the error message.. went to check the updater, but said i was up to date.. and i was getting excited thinking it was the nougat update.. not on any beta program.. i'm in the u.s...

What is the current version you see in the Updater now?

garethrdwilliams

Mar 13, 2014
Visit site
No, nothing. I pulled the downloaded file to the PC to look at. There are PDFs in the zip file and it's all legitimate.

Now awaiting the official OTA update.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
e_honda