Phones that can be moved to VM from others

hezx

Feb 10, 2012
Visit site
So today I got my friends Samsung Galaxy S 2 running on VM perfectly.

Later when I'm not on my phone I'll tell y'all how I did it.

But I would like to start a list on what can work on VM by unlocking it.

So far

Galaxy S 2
Droid X
Epic 4G(not touch)
Epic 4G Touch
Evo 4G (not VM brand... sprints brand)

Also if there is a better area for this let me know or move it (mods).

Only posted here since its the only phone I have

Sent from my VM701 using AreaRom

Last edited:

ajonesma

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
I believe I read on XDA that the Epic 4G Touch can be flashed too VM as well.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums

hezx

Feb 10, 2012
Visit site
I'm currently using a Samsung Epic 4G on VM and everything is working great. I ditched my Slider and gave it to my mom. There are guides on the XDA forums showing you how to port the phones. Here's the link to the Epic 4G (not touch) porting guide to VM:

Epic 4G to Virgin Mobile(SMS/MMS/VOICE/3G)*WORKING!* UPDATED:4-23-2012 - xda-developers

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Android Central Forums

what phone did you use to port it? I dont have a intercept only a slider

hezx

Feb 10, 2012
Visit site
Yeah. I love my slider.... but people that are very experienced aren't paying it any attention.

Sent from my LGL55C using Android Central Forums

Reactions: droidmyme

brian117

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
what phone did you use to port it? I dont have a intercept only a slider

Sorry for the late reply. I used an Optimus V to port. It was actually pretty simple to get the keys off the Optimus V. You can even get the keys from the HTC Wildfire.

The Epic 4G can be ported to VM? Nice! I didn't know that!

Sent from my LG-VM701 using Tapatalk 2

You can port just about any CDMA phone that can be put into diagnostic mode and are able to edit the settings with a program called QPST. Any Galaxy S CDMA phones are able to get ported over. HTC and Motorola phones would work as well.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Android Central Forums

Last edited:

hezx

Feb 10, 2012
Visit site
I wish I could do this. My buddy gave me a epic 4g but the screen is broken. And I have no money for a fix

brian117

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
I wish I could do this. My buddy gave me a epic 4g but the screen is broken. And I have no money for a fix

You could always check Craigslist for people offering repairs. Just find the cheapest guy and ask how much reputation they have. There's some repair listings on eBay you can always try finding cheap as well that can repair multiple things on various phones. Sorry to hear your screen is broken...it's really a great phone. Get it fixed ASAP.

hezx

Feb 10, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the tips. My mother has the phone thru sprint and I toy around with it. Its so nice how versitile it is. So much can be done to it

WheelerXp

Feb 28, 2012
Visit site
Can someone post a link on how to port/flash a HTC Evo 3d from sprint to Virgin mobile? Just looked on craigslist and saw one for $80 bucks. Got a upgrade boner. Thanks for your time.

raymix1000

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
i must be doing something wrong because i can't get the slider's information... hezx would you mind helping me through this?

edit: i tried following the instructions, but im stuck at the beginning trying to find the msl/spc thing.

Last edited:

raymix1000

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
this is really irritating... i need SOS. Can someone PM me? Idk how to to get the stuff from the slider... I tried everything. Nothing is working -_-" i am so annoyed.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sbeve