Photo Picker

lgroves6

Dec 24, 2023
Visit site
I am honestly only here to see if saying something will bring on change. This new "photo picker" option when trying to share photos on another app is extremely unhelpful, please just let us access all of our albums. In trying for privacy you've only created inconvenience.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! I moved your post from the Community Reviews forum to the General Help forum.

Which phone do you have, and which version of Android is it running? The photo picker has been notoriously clunky and fragmented on Android over the past years. Google has made some recent improvements (https://9to5google.com/2022/12/15/android-photo-picker-apps/), but I think part of the problem is that some apps (even some of Google's own apps) still use their own photo picker interface which can be different.

Where are the albums you're trying to access? Are they saved locally on the phone's storage (or an SD card), or are they in the cloud in Google Photos?

Be aware that this is an independent community forum, without any direct affiliation with Google or any other company. You should definitely send feedback directly to Google in the system settings Help or Feedback option.

lgroves6

Dec 24, 2023
Visit site
I have a Samsung 21+ on android 14, all photos are saved on my phone locally. Thanks for the help! I understand if there isn't much to be done, i've also sent feedback through google

Reactions: B. Diddy

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dxter