Photo Storage

teamnowak

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
Google offers free original size photo storage for the P2 through 2021 (12/31/2021). For the P3 it goes to 1/31/2022. Literally only one month longer than for a phone that came out a year ago. Seems like a chintzy way to give people less.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
You call giving people unlimited 4k uploads to 2022 "chintzy"? Can you name any other company doing this at all?

Also you do realize that the free storage for those items stays even after 2022? It is only new uploads after 2022 that start to count.

teamnowak

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
Yes. In comparison to what was offered last year. Especially combined with an almost 25% increase in price. The free photo storage was a major selling point.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Yes. In comparison to what was offered last year. Especially combined with an almost 25% increase in price. The free photo storage was a major selling point.

It is still 4 years .. lol.

I guess if you are bothered by it, cool, but yeah I wouldn't go with any other phone then. You will be shocked in the 100% decrease in free storage offered from the others.

Mr Segundus

Apr 24, 2018
Visit site
You call giving people unlimited 4k uploads to 2022 "chintzy"? Can you name any other company doing this at all?

Also you do realize that the free storage for those items stays even after 2022? It is only new uploads after 2022 that start to count.

Some of us don't trust having our personal photos stored in the cloud.

ClintRo

Trusted Member
Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
So then you wouldn't care about the free storage anyway... right? That means this thread has no bearing on you either way lol.

Ewww Apple Watch.... Still rocking the Gear S3 with the pixel 2XL for now. Pre-ordered the XL3 hopefully I can "Hide" the notch.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Ewww Apple Watch.... Still rocking the Gear S3 with the pixel 2XL for now. Pre-ordered the XL3 hopefully I can "Hide" the notch.

Haha it isn't so bad :). I am a fan of both though -- If one can't stand Apple then I can understand why they can't fathom why I made the choice.

popkurn611

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
Haha it isn't so bad :). I am a fan of both though -- If one can't stand Apple then I can understand why they can't fathom why I made the choice.

I'm hopeful in waiting for your return haha. I am a click away from a preorder

Last edited:

steelrain82

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
all you guys who are complaining about the storage time should have bought the OG Pixel. unlimited storage for life! I upgraded to the iPhone xs for work but I use the pixel as my camera at work do to the quality of the photos and the unlimited storage for life.

BrwnSuga3

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site

I’m a fan of both so I definitely understand. I love my Apple Watch and iPhone XS Max but I also loved my pixel too so I’m excited to get this new one next week.

TemporalBeef

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
I’m a fan of both so I definitely understand. I love my Apple Watch and iPhone XS Max but I also loved my pixel too so I’m excited to get this new one next week.

I was so tempted to get the XS Max a few weeks ago... was waiting to see exactly what the P3XL would entail, and the camera stuff just sold me. I'm waiting for a great Apple Watch killer, but it doesn't seem to be in the cards for the foreseeable future.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
matheb708