Photos crashing & disappearing

DroidRocker

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
A few photos each day will suddenly slowly disappear. The photo's thumbnail remains intact, but the photo itself will just show a partial block of the image with the rest just gray, or odd lines. It began with photos on the internal storage, so I moved them to the external sd card, and it happens there as well. I've tried other gallery apps and sending them to the computer, but it appears they are permanently corrupted. Anybody else have this problem or solution? (Other than the easy response of factory reset)unnamed.jpg

Last edited:

sswitzer

Feb 18, 2013
Visit site
I'm pretty sure that your Camera app is hooped (I'm assuming this is happening with all photos you take?) and other than returning the phone, you need to figure out how to get the Camera app to either start working or do a reset.

A few things to try:

- Install (just for testing purposes) the ABC camera app ( https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...id=com.almalence.opencam&hl=en&token=HIrDkGNZ ) -- it's not a great camera app, but a) it's free, so that's good for testing, and b) it also uses the new Camera API2 that the LG Camera app uses. If photos taken with that app work OK consistently, then you know the problem is the LG Camera app. If you still have problems, then I'd say you've got filesystem issues... not pretty, and likely only solved, if at all, by doing a factory reset.

- Try doing a "force stop", "clear data", "clear cache" on the LG Camera app -- trying your darndest to reset the application.

DroidRocker

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Thanks. I'll try some of that right now. But, it actually doesn't happen with every photo, nor when taking the photos. In fact, it occurs when flipping through pictures looking at them, with no set pattern which one it's going to happen to. I could've looked at them a few times, and then, bam, one day boxes go of blinking everywhere on the photo and end up with varying patterns and a ruined photo... And doesn't matter which app I view then with either...stock, Quickpic, etc.