Question Photos sent from iPhone users via text will not download on Android phone

GAMESHARQ

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
I recently picked up a Samsung Galaxy A54. With this new phone, when iPhone users send me photos via text message, I am unable to download them.

They don't download automatically (like they did on my old phone, a Moto G7) and even when I tap on them to download them manually, the download icon just spins indefinitely and never downloads any of them.

This is happening with photos from two different iPhone users. Note, I am able to download photos sent from another Android user.

Is there a setting that I need to change on my new phone to download photos from iPhone users? Again, this was never an issue on my old Android phone.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Which messaging app are you using -- Samsung Messages, Google Messages, or something else?

In the messaging app, look at the settings -- are RCS Chat features turned on?

GAMESHARQ

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
I’m not sure but I think it might be Google messages. It’s the one that comes preinstalled on the phone and appears on the Home Screen by default. It’s just called “Messages”.

RCS Chats option is enabled.

winmod21

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
I recently picked up a Samsung Galaxy A54. With this new phone, when iPhone users send me photos via text message, I am unable to download them.

They don't download automatically (like they did on my old phone, a Moto G7) and even when I tap on them to download them manually, the download icon just spins indefinitely and never downloads any of them.

This is happening with photos from two different iPhone users. Note, I am able to download photos sent from another Android user.

Is there a setting that I need to change on my new phone to download photos from iPhone users? Again, this was never an issue on my old Android phone.
I’m not sure but I think it might be Google messages. It’s the one that comes preinstalled on the phone and appears on the Home Screen by default. It’s just called “Messages”.

RCS Chats option is enabled.
See what happens if you turn off RCS. Sometimes, depending on the carrier, RCS can be wonky when it comes to stuff being sent from an iPhone.
Same here, regarding most photos sent from iPhone users. I get the never-ending spinning download circle icon regularly, and while most texts eventually download, most if not all photos—from iPhone users—don't, with my GMessages 'RCS Chats' turned-on.
However I haven't tried turning it off. ;)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dxter