Photosphere and camera with more settings work on MAXX!

CrazyRussian007

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
I just installed the latest Nexus 4 gallery APK and it works perfectly - more settings for the camera and the photosphere works! No root requires - just make sure you check "Unknown Sources" settings on in Security & Screen Lock to allow the installation.

The original gallery app on the MAXX is version 1.1.40001
The gallery app form the Nexus 4 I installed is version 1.1.40012

The original camera app on the MAXX is version 3.0.195
The camera that came with the APK from Nexus 4 carries the same version as the gallery apk - 1.1.40012

Now I have 2 identical camera icons and 2 identical gallery icons in my app drawer - to avoid the confusion I will either rename them or hide the one I finally decide not to use (I'm using Nova launcher)

The original gallery app on the MAXX does not have capabilities to display photosphere pictures - even if you copy a photoshpere picture onto the MAXX the original gallery will only show it as a flat image - no photosphere effect. The gallery from Nexus 4 is identical to the MAXX one but does have photoshpere capabilities - even the compass mode works!

Now the camera app from the Nexus 4:
Video mode up to HD 1080p for both front and back cameras, time lapse (slow motion), white balance settings, flash on or of setting

The camera from the Nexus 4 has these settings all work fine:
Resolution: up to 5 MP (I know!!!) back and up to 2 MP front camera, exposure settings for both cameras, location, white balance settings for the back camera only, scene settings for the back camera only, location, countdown timer for the back camera only.

I guess I'll be taking photoshpere pictures with the Nexus 4 app and the other pictures with the MAXX camera app (unless to improve image quality I need to revert to Nexus 4 to use exposure, white balance, or scene settings - well, 5 MP it will be then)

But, it still nice to have photoshpere capabilities - I was really missing that.

APK link: https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B07YGAXMNDijaENBbXZjbFdYZGM/edit?usp=sharing

CrazyRussian007

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
Attached are:
Shot #1: Maxx stock camera
Shot #2: Maxx stock camera + HDR
Shot #3: Nexus 4 Camera app

It appears that the Nexus 4 camera app, while is lower resolution, but produces a better image - just zoom in very closely to see the difference.

Attachments

• MAXX.jpg
    MAXX.jpg
    747.9 KB · Views: 46
  • MAXX_HDR.jpg
    MAXX_HDR.jpg
    854.2 KB · Views: 42
  • Nexus4.jpg
    Nexus4.jpg
    574.3 KB · Views: 47

thegrants82

Banned
May 8, 2013
Visit site
I think that the third one looks the worst. Actually all three look terrible.
Attached are:
Shot #1: Maxx stock camera
Shot #2: Maxx stock camera + HDR
Shot #3: Nexus 4 Camera app

It appears that the Nexus 4 camera app, while is lower resolution, but produces a better image - just zoom in very closely to see the difference.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JaysonIrwin