Picked this phone up from AT&T today. My thoughts.

gravage

Mar 10, 2010
Visit site
I had some pretty low expectations with respect to performance, based on my experiences (and frustrations) with my Galaxy S4. I must say: this phone surprises me. Almost no lag (especially compared to the GS4) and despite only having 1.5 gb of RAM, I have yet to see anything reload, including browser tabs.

Most of all, I thought I'd be disappointed with a 720p screen, especially at this size. I'm not. Even comparing it with my Optimus G Pro, I don't find it to be vastly inferior. Is the G Pro screen better? Without a doubt. But for me, the sheer size of this screen compensates.

It fits in my pocket fine, even when I'm on my motorcycle and my average sized hands don't have an issue wielding it.

If anyone has any questions about the AT&T version, I'd be happy to answer them.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I had some pretty low expectations with respect to performance, based on my experiences (and frustrations) with my Galaxy S4. I must say: this phone surprises me. Almost no lag (especially compared to the GS4) and despite only having 1.5 gb of RAM, I have yet to see anything reload, including browser tabs.

Most of all, I thought I'd be disappointed with a 720p screen, especially at this size. I'm not. Even comparing it with my Optimus G Pro, I don't find it to be vastly inferior. Is the G Pro screen better? Without a doubt. But for me, the sheer size of this screen compensates.

It fits in my pocket fine, even when I'm on my motorcycle and my average sized hands don't have an issue wielding it.

If anyone has any questions about the AT&T version, I'd be happy to answer them.

I am guessing that the lack of lag is due to you don't have the gimmick extras like smart stay, etc?

gravage

Mar 10, 2010
Visit site
I am guessing that the lack of lag is due to you don't have the gimmick extras like smart stay, etc?

No, I honestly think it's the MF3 update (the one that allows apps to SD) that Samsung sent out for the GS4. I never updated mine because there was no easy root method, but I had the opportunity to use a friend's and it seemed much smoother. I'm guessing that the Mega has those touchwiz optimizations already.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I527 using Tapatalk 4

gravage

Mar 10, 2010
Visit site
Any pics of the phone compared to another phone?

Sent from my HTC One using AC Forums mobile app

Yes! How about the GS3?

u6y3abuv.jpg

y8agesa9.jpg

bubabu6y.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I527 using Tapatalk 4

67srbell

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
I've been pretty pleased w it as well.

It really operates nearly identically to my S4, but w a bigger screen and better battery.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I527 using AC Forums mobile app

roberttk1967

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
I have a friend that has one and he has taken it back and they gave him another one. It is acting the same way, so I need some help. If he uses the phone or email, it is very laggy. Could it be he has too many contacts? He has about 4000. Is there anything that can be done to speedup the phone? He is about to go back to his blackberry.

HELP.

67srbell

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
I have a friend that has one and he has taken it back and they gave him another one. It is acting the same way, so I need some help. If he uses the phone or email, it is very laggy. Could it be he has too many contacts? He has about 4000. Is there anything that can be done to speedup the phone? He is about to go back to his blackberry.

HELP.

Not sure. No lag here.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I527 using AC Forums mobile app

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
robinNora