Picture flash

sicario666

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
Tonight, I was trying to take a picture. A label on my air conditioner. It was dark outside so I needed the flash. This is the first time I've taken a picture in darkness, the flash did not work until I turned it on. Is there no auto flash on this device? I sure hope so because it's a let down if there isn't.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Night Sight often obviates the need for a flash -- was it set to Night Sight, or was "None" selected under the More Light category?

In most of my low light photos, Night Sight does a much better job than using the flash, which typically washes things out.

sicario666

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
Night Sight often obviates the need for a flash -- was it set to Night Sight, or was "None" selected under the More Light category?

In most of my low light photos, Night Sight does a much better job than using the flash, which typically washes things out.
I'll have to try again with night sight. It needs something

Reactions: kmf1

PGrey

Sep 5, 2016
Visit site
This sort of depends, on what type of pics you're going for, IMHO/IME.
If you want details, say in portrait type shots, or words on a dark bronze plaque (couple of many examples), the flash is almost always the way to go....
Night-sight is great, fantastic even, but it's not replacing a flash, anytime soon, again IME/IMHO.

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Tonight, I was trying to take a picture. A label on my air conditioner. It was dark outside so I needed the flash. This is the first time I've taken a picture in darkness, the flash did not work until I turned it on. Is there no auto flash on this device? I sure hope so because it's a let down if there isn't.
Probably no auto flash.

The "flash" on a phone isn't *really* intended to be used as a camera flash, especially on something like a Pixel with a good camera and exceptional image processing. 99 times out of 100 all using the *flash* will do is make your photo look worse, and Google is very aware of this.

Reactions: B. Diddy

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bakky