PIN required when on charge

albie999

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
My Watch 4 received the 4.5 update yesterday. I use my watch during the night, to check the time (I have it on an vertical stand). Usually I just touch the screen (when on charge) and it lights up, and can see the time

However, I received the 4.5 update yesterday, and last night, when it is on charge, and touch the screen to turn it on, it now requires a PIN code. I had to put a PIN code into the watch, when first taking it off charge on on my wrist (security), but did not need to do it whilst on charge

Anybody know if there is an option to turn this off?

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
I am not sure since the update but there was a setting before this update that allowed you to have the screen on during charging. I think it is under AOD settings. Not sure if you can sleep with AOD but just to see the time a pin is overkill.

albie999

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, this is exactly my issue. I do not want to have the screen on the watch all night (even if just an AOD with a clock), just a blank screen, and then "touch" the face to wake it up, when I want to see the time. Now, it asks me for a PIN .. which at 2am in the morning, is not fun lol

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
Are the AOD settings for the watch similar to the AOD settings for the phone, in that with regular AOD you have the option for tap to wake or brighten? It's weird that while charging it requires an unlock, maybe enough people will complain that they put out a patch.

Might want to play with the clock showing while charging settings see if there's anything you can live with...

Best wishes

kikbxr1969

Dec 31, 2011
Visit site
Mine just updated this morning. After the update, I put it back on the charger to top it off. I noticed that it immediately opened with the log in screen. But, all I had to do to see the watch face was to hit the back button. I think what they did was eliminate the need to tap the face to bring up the pin code. Try just hitting the back button and see if that takes you back to the watch face. (It did for me) I think this may be different from a reboot (which I have not tried yet). When I rebooted before, it would show a generic digital face until I unlocked it once and it allowed the watch to finish starting up. But, I bet if you have not just rebooted, all you need to do is hit the back button (I think the home button works too) to see your watch face. So, in the dark, it may just be a double tap of either button to get you there.

albie999

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
Thanks, I will try that later. if it is a tap of back or home button, that is still a backwards step .. as when half asleep, trying to find one of those buttons is going to be tricky, rather than just being able to touch the watch face

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae