Pinout challenge for the Note 8 CTIA/AHJ headphone jack

rayd123

Mar 14, 2018
Visit site
I recently bought a set of Roland CS-10EM Binaural Microphones/Earphones to use with my Panasonic GH5 and it is amazing. The output leads are TRS for the mic (red) and TRS (black) for audio.

I bought a Ugreen TRRS combined cable so that I can use it on my Note 8. When I use the TRRS combined cable the mic is in mono and the earphone is in stereo.

When I plug the red TRS mic directly into the Note 8 I get stereo. I would of course prefer to have both mic and earphones in stereo.

Standard stereo earphones (TRS) are (T) LT, (R) RT, (S) Gnd and the Standard stereo mics (TRS) are (T) LT, (R) RT, (S) Gnd. The standard pinout for the Note 8 (TRRS) is Tip (T) LT, (R) RT, (R) Gnd, (S) mic+.

I am not sure if this is even possible with TRRS. Any wise words?

cantbelikewater

Jul 14, 2018
Visit site
You will need something like this
https://amazon.com/MillSO-Splitter-...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU6284061

That takes a TRS mic line and a TRS headphone line and combines it back into TRRS.
I have successfully gotten such devices to work, but sometimes you need to plug in the adapter multiple times. Or plug in the adapter, then the mic, then the headphones.

Additionally, because I could not find this anywhere else: Note8 is indeed CTIA

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Semskie