Pixel 2 XL Bluetooth issues since Pie Upgrade - With Gear Watch

EveryAndroid

Sep 5, 2018
Visit site
I have been using my Pixel 2 XL since the day it came out & bounced between various cars, headsets, speakers etc without any issues. It would connect automatically every time.

Fast forward to a few weeks ago, I upgraded to Pie (OTA) & now about 80-90% of the time my phone does not automatically connect to the other Bluetooth sources. Then one day I went out without my watch (at the time it was a Gear S3) & I noticed that my phone connected 100% of the time. Keep in mind that the Gear S3 has been paired to my phone since day one as well.

I then got a Galaxy Watch hoping that would change (but in reality knowing it wouldn't) & the issue is the same. Basically, when I get in my car, it will not automatically connect to Bluetooth. Any time after I start driving, if I turn airplane mode on the watch, within 2-5 seconds the phone will connect automatically to the car bluetooth & work beautifully. Once I connect, then I can turn off airplane mode on the watch & it functions normally.

A few things to note:
- I have tried to completely blow away the blueooth connection & start over = No Difference
- I have confirmed that the watch is only connected as an input device.
- I have ensured everything is fully up to date
- It is not car, bluetooth specific, etc.

Anyone else seeing this issue? Anyone have a fix?

dmits

Nov 16, 2014
Visit site
Have a Gear S3 Frontier connected to my Pixel 2xl since the beginning and I connect to my vehicles with no problem at all. My phone also connects to five different Bluetooth speakers that I use depending on where I am. I love that with Pie I can finally use the watch again to make and receive calls.
Is it possible your watch may be trying to connect to your car? I had that problem with a Gear S2 and a BlackBerry PRIV and I needed to reset that watch and not ever allow it to connect to any of my vehicles as I had done previously. Then the Priv would connect to vehicles instantly.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrBrown