Pixel 2 XL won't connect to 5Ghz wifi after Pie Update

ChitownRAM

Aug 17, 2018
Visit site
I've went through every troubleshooting tip from Project Fi support, and then a whole bunch more I found on the web. For my phone and for my specific router (Belkin AC1200). EVERY one of them. I've played around with router settings, changing channels, frequencies and everything. What I do know:

EVERY other device I have continues to connect to my 5Ghz network with no issue.
My phone connected just fine to my 2.4Ghz network, and to my tethered iPhone.
Here's what it looks like trying to connect: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jKUsUKqE9zM

I finally spoke to a Project Fi rep. They said my phone was under warranty and sent me a new (refurbished) phone.

I get the new phone. Do the data transfer. Connect to my 5Ghz wifi with no problems, which allowed me to download all my backed up apps and data very quickly. I'm thinking, "Hmmm...maybe it was the hardware."

Then, I proceed to download and install the Pie update.

Restart device.

Same problem. It won't connect to my 5Ghz network.

Yes, I'm broadcasting. It's not hidden. I read that other thread here. That's not my issue.

I've been through every wi-fi setting possible on the phone. I'm thinking maybe it's something I haven't thought of tweaking yet in my router settings that will allow Android Pie to connect, but I've tried everything I know might make a difference, and nothing works.

Anyone else have similar problems after Pie?

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
When connecting to the network one of the advanced options is to allow the device to connect to the network even if it's not broadcasting the name, try that.

DingyLeak

Sep 19, 2018
Visit site
ChitownRAM, I have the EXACT same issue while on my router at work but not at home. We have a older Buffalo AC1900 that I believe has original firmware. The home system is a much newer TP-Link. I haven't fixed the issue yet, as it's not much of a problem for me. Maybe try updating your Belkin's firmware?

Your video confirmed I have the same symptoms. Hope this info helps. Good luck.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JaysonIrwin