Pixel 3 text notification ring is intermittent after Android 12 update

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

After the terrible Android 12 update my Pixel 3 only rings intermittently for text messages. After first installing the 12 update my messages were completely silent. I was able to go in and fix the issue and it worked for a few days but now it just seems to ring when it feels like. I have gone in to settings and played around but it only seems to temporarily work. Any help is appreciated.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Is this only when you have the Messages app open in the foreground, or is it also when you're doing something else (or the phone is asleep)?

Does this persist even if you change the notification tone? It's also worth trying a 3rd party texting app as well, in case it's an issue specific to the Google Messages app.

Please register on this forum, which will allow you to engage in discussion more easily, as well as post images. https://forums.androidcentral.com/ask-question/409154-join-android-central-community.html

kbs42

Nov 30, 2021
Visit site
There does not seem to be any rhyme or reason. I can have the app open looking at messages being sent. One will message will ring then the next couple will be silent then it will ring again. With the phone screen off/locked I run into the same issue. Sometimes it rings sometimes it does not regardless if I have opened the phone back up or left it locked.