Pixel 3 XL Earbuds Not Working / Charging Intermitent

tacrites

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site
I plugged my USB-C earbuds in to my Pixel 3 XL the other day and they would not play, music would only come out of the phones speaker. I've also noticed I have to mess with the USB-C charging cord to get he charge icon to light.

I have cleaned the Pixels (and earbuds) USB-C connector with a small brush an a bit of isopropyl alcohol with no luck.

Though I would check in here to see about my options. The phone us up to date.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Sure sounds like the port is faulty. Did you also try blowing it out with a can of compressed air?

tacrites

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site
Holy crap, in Safe Mode my earbuds worked when listening to a YouTube video! Left Safe Mode and now I'm listening to music through my USB-C earbuds.

I the past I'm pretty sure I could plug and un-plug my earbuds on the fly. Now it appears if I unplug the earbud from the phone the audio stops and I have to hit play to get it playing from the phone. When I plug the earbuds back in it stops again and I have to hit play to the the audio from the earbuds. This is with both YouTube and Plexamp my music player.

I did clean up the contacts a bit more and I also uninstalled Tasker...... I'm not sure what fixed it.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Hmm, I wonder if it might have been Tasker. See if the problem recurs, but otherwise, glad you fixed it!