Pixel 4/4XL for video recording? - Need user opinions.

BillyBreathes

Oct 25, 2013
Visit site
So, I have an upgrade coming up. I am currently an iPhone XR user, and that phone has been really solid.

My wife busted her ip 7 and I get pretty good deals through my business, I am giving her the Xr. So was originally deciding between iPhone 11 ($1,000CAD) vs 11pro ($1,400CAD).

My main use on a smartphone are, texting and email, social media and, taking great photos and videos of my wife and kids. And my dog, can’t leave him out. I’ve been pretty happy with the Xr in that regard.

But then a funny thing happened. My rep offered me a refurbished option for a $360 Pixel 4 or a $540 Pixel 4XL. Pixels have always intrigued me, and I went to check one out and was really impressed with the Assistant integration as well as how amazing the display is.

Question I pose, how is the video? I read and see a lot of reviewers bashing the video quality of the pixel vs the iPhone. I’d prefer to get opinions from actual users though.

The price undeniable, but if the video isn’t up to snuff , it’s a deal breaker for me.

Any and all opinions would be most welcome.

Scott337

Apr 22, 2017
Visit site
I can't comment on the video quality specifically, I don't take videos and not a camera buff. But if you do go with a Pixel get the 4XL. The extra battery life is well worth it. Most everyone that reviewed the 4 complained about the small battery. But the 4XL gets decent battery life in my opinion & my experience.

dmxjago

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
iPhone has better video quality but pixel has better photo quality imho. I think it's a trade off, but they are both great. I say hold on to your upgrade and wait for the pixel 5 or a newer iPhone. The XR is amazing right now and probably no need to spend the extra $. I'd wait for the next new phone. Also, like the other person mentioned don't get the small pixel 4 as the battery is tiny and it would be a huge downgrade in the battery department coming from an iPhone XR. The 4 XL on the other hand is solid. I get between 6-7 hours of screen on time with my usage. I go on social media, lots of messaging, track workouts, Netflix YouTube, YouTube music during my walks and workouts , take photos and record videos bc I have a 4 and 6 year old oh and my dog too.

If you want to upgrade and it be more of a change of echo system and a refreshing new phone I say go for it otherwise it might be better to hold on to that upgrade until the next phone comes out. Then again the next set of new phones will be more than the price you are being offered now.

sulla1965

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
Despite the terrific camera. Video recording is not one of the pixel's strong suits. As pointed out Apple and Samsung and even LG would be far better choices if video is really important to you.

Photo_Drew

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site
It does video fine for short home movies. I have no issues. I would like more options for frame rate and quality instead of just 4k or low res but it's no deal breaker.

As far as photos, I get great photos with mine consistently but I can't take a decent photo for the life of me with my wife's 11 pro. Her white balance is always out of whack. And I'm a photographer so I don't know how I struggle. Haha

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dxter