Pixel 4 is bendable!

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
I don't know that there is a "tech reporter" worse than that guy. He's awful and that site is a joke.

Anyway, yes the Pixel 4 bends. I didn't bend my iPhone 6 Plus way back when and I won't be bending my Pixel 4 XL either.

hawklet00

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
i stopped looking at bgr a long time ago. they kneel at the altar of cupertino and occasionally throw other stuff in there to appear like a legitimate tech blog. that being said. phones bend because physics is a thing. take care of your phone, put a good case on it and you are good to go. this is a non story.

PaulQ

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
"Comments closed."

Is bending and breaking your phone actually a thing anymore? The only situation I can think of involves carrying it in your back pocket but even then... Is this a thing anymore?

Other than dramatic video?

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site
I see XL sized phones in back pockets everywhere I go. I see people sit down and then pull them out. We may not be bending phones to the extreme like jerry rig does but I do appreciate his testing techniques. Over time it could be an issue for back pocket carriers. Wasn’t that the case with the bendgate iPhone 6? I carry my phones in my back pocket sometimes but would never sit down with it. However, I see tons of people, mostly younger kids/teens that probably didn’t have to buy their own phones pulling them out at coffee shops and they are scratched up, dinged up, cracked and worse beyond belief. These folks will end up with bent pixels. For me it is not a concern that it can be forcefully bent.
Side note: was sitting at a table on a sunny day outside of a marketplace and a 13 year old girl came up and asked if I had seen her phone as she had recently left this table. I had not. Another responsible phone user. No worries mom and dad will helicopter over and make it all good again. Sheesh!

kolyan2k

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site
"Comments closed."

Is bending and breaking your phone actually a thing anymore? The only situation I can think of involves carrying it in your back pocket but even then... Is this a thing anymore?

Other than dramatic video?

If it's a thing or not, we will find out. Nexus 6p did bend in pockets pretty badly. My buddy bent his Nexus by carrying in back pocket

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
For what it's worth, it'll bend, but mostly in one direction and requiring much more force that what he saw with the iPhone 6 and 6P....

Lesson to learn? Don't abuse an extremely expensive device.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
He does and has done many many durability test on many phones and the vast majority on them pass just fine. This is one of the very few (including recent releases) that have cracked/broke.
The ones I had harder time is older phones like note 3 or 4 ...today's phones either I'll bend it bad or glass pops out or cracks from my fingers both back and front

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Tailosive Tech (YouTube channel), is about as bad. Forbes 'Tech reporters' might rank up there too.

In my opinion Forbes is way worse. Tailosive Tech is just a YouTube channel primarily sharing his opinion. He doesn't even try to hide that he is an "Apple Sheep". If you don't like that, don't watch. I just take him with a grain of salt myself.

Forbes, on the other hand, attempts to pass itself off as providing actual tech news. They consistently get facts wrong, have click bait titles or both. It's not an issue of opinion with them, it's an issue of just being flat out wrong on facts or at the very least, misleading.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
In my opinion Forbes is way worse. Tailosive Tech is just a YouTube channel primarily sharing his opinion. He doesn't even try to hide that he is an "Apple Sheep". If you don't like that, don't watch. I just take him with a grain of salt myself.

Forbes, on the other hand, attempts to pass itself off as providing actual tech news. They consistently get facts wrong, have click bait titles or both. It's not an issue of opinion with them, it's an issue of just being flat out wrong on facts or at the very least, misleading.

I don't really watch Tailosive anymore. I get that he is an Apple fan. No sweat there; it was the fact that he was always on damage control, even when Apple clearly messes up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andej