Pixel 6 battery getting stuck at 100%

Ciaran Inglis

Apr 4, 2020
Visit site
I've had the pixel 6 for about a week and on the first charge it got stuck at 100%. I managed to get a replacement sorted out and the first charge its still doing the same thing. I've had this issue plague my pixel 4 XL hence the upgrade but two brand new phones have done the same thing. It'll be stuck at 100% until I restart or when I've left it, it'll slowly go down but still not at the correct percentage. Does anyone know what can be done??

UPDATE:
I've run some tests and whatnot and the battery seems to be dropping after a full charge but when restarted it shows a completely different percentage (managed to get it to 95% and after restarting it went to 92%). I've been in contact with google and they were going to send me another replacement but it was going to be a refurbished phone and I've had terrible experience with their refurbs. This is the second pixel 6 I've owned in the past two weeks and both have had the same issue with the battery.

UPDATE 2:
I have received my third device and all issues, EXCEPT the battery issue, have all disappeared. This is the third device so I'm thinking its a software issue that can just be sorted with an update or something because there is no way I've hit three of the same device. I don't mind I'm used to it now so I'll just keep an eye on it for now and hope something fixes it or see if it just sorts itself out.

FINAL UPDATE:
This is going to be the final update I make on this thread because it seems to be going absolutely nowhere. The second thread you may have seen is about a separate issue(s) that has been unresolved and has now been closed for no apparent reason.
The issue I had to start with was resolved with android 13 and is described in this thread. The battery would not go down at the correct percentage after being charged fully. After updating to android 13 everything seemed to be fine it would charge all the way to 100% and go down perfectly. I did forget to update on here but the first issue in this thread was fixed meaning my battery was fine and went down at the appropriate rate.
Now, the new issue(s), which I had started in a separate thread to avoid confusion with this one, was the fact that a few weeks after android 13 everyone started noticing a sudden drop in battery when idle and in use. I have in fact noticed this and battery has been very terrible and dropping rapidly. I barely manage to get a day of usage now and have to constantly charge and I've only owned it for about two months. After I noticed this things started to get worse and more problems started to arise. My pixel stand 2nd gen stops charging my phone at about 70 or 80% and then goes back to charging after a second or two. When it does this it tells me that its charging at say 85% but upon turning my phone back on it tells me a completely different percentage (I completely shut down my phone to charge most times so I'm not using it while its charging). It also does this with the wired cable that came with the phone and the google 30w adapter.
That's just issue number 1, the second issue is the fact that after leaving my phone to charge for long enough, it'll tell me its at 100% and like every normal person I take it off and turn it back on. When I do that it'll show me that the battery is somewhere between 95 and 99% even though it was on a long charge and showed it was fully charged. This can happen when using either the cable or pixel stand. It usually shows 98% but I've had it as low as 96% and its never done this before. The 3rd issue is when I use my phone I usually let it drop to about 5-10% before I shut the phone down completely and pop it on charge and 99% of the time the battery will go up from what I turned it off at. So say I use it and let it hit 5%, I'll then turn it off and put it on charge but as soon as it shows the percentage at which its charging it'll be a lot higher than what it showed when I turned it off. So as an example it went to 5% and then after turning it off and putting it on charge it showed me 10%. That's not a normal miscalculation. I've seen maybe 2% but a whole double is a bit much. I don't use any foreign cables or chargers all google products and this is a third brand new replacement. I like to have the battery go right to 100% and deplete at the correct rate without having to go through silly processes. I want to be able to stick my phone on charge and take it off at 100% and just use it.
I have asked loads of people and well I have this whole thread. I've tried everything possible from turning off battery percentages and adaptive battery features to completely resetting my phone and nothing seems to be really helping. I keep getting silly answers from people here and nothing that helps. I'm guessing that this is just another bug of some sorts because its never done this until after android 13 but people seem to be telling me otherwise and closing threads I have started to keep the two issues separate. I don't mean to be rude or anything but this is about as helpful as googles forms and they just give you the plain troubleshooting guides which most of the time have nothing to do with the issues at hand
if there are any helpful suggestions please do reply and try to help but other than that I will not be putting up anymore updates for this thread.

Last edited:

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Yikes, I've had that problem before -- but on my then-year-old LG G3. Since you've had replacements that were new phones, I'm wondering if perhaps it was the bad luck of the draw and both phones had a corrupt battery. How awful for you!

Please consider making an account with us here at Android Central, so you can better respond to this thread and also keep track of its responses. Getting started is easy -- here's the link!

https://forums.androidcentral.com/ask-question/409154-join-android-central-community.html

Last edited by a moderator:

Ciaran Inglis

Apr 4, 2020
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Yikes, I've had that problem before -- but on my then-year-old LG G3. Since you've had replacements that were new phones, I'm wondering if perhaps it was the bad luck of the draw and both phones had a corrupt battery. How awful for you!

Please consider making an account with us here at Android Central, so you can better respond to this thread and also keep track of its responses. Getting started is easy -- here's the link!

https://forums.androidcentral.com/ask-question/409154-join-android-central-community.html

i dont really want to get another replacement or have to take it to a shop though with it being a brand new phone

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
i dont really want to get another replacement or have to take it to a shop though with it being a brand new phone
Hi, so how are you charging your device ? How long exactly it takes to go down from 100% ?
If replacement phone doing the same and phones in the past something not right , how is your charging habits?

Ciaran Inglis

Apr 4, 2020
Visit site
Hi, so how are you charging your device ? How long exactly it takes to go down from 100% ?
If replacement phone doing the same and phones in the past something not right , how is your charging habits?

well with the original device i used the pixel stand 2nd gen and that was the only charge and for the replacement its only been charged through the provided type-c to type-c cable with the 30w adapter. i dont charge overnight or anything and both devices have only seen one full recharge. i never charge at random points in the day i always wait for it to drop to about 5% and then charge all the way to 100%

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
well with the original device i used the pixel stand 2nd gen and that was the only charge and for the replacement its only been charged through the provided type-c to type-c cable with the 30w adapter. i dont charge overnight or anything and both devices have only seen one full recharge. i never charge at random points in the day i always wait for it to drop to about 5% and then charge all the way to 100%
This is strange, at this point which I Know your not happy going the route is get it replaced unfortunately:(

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Does this happen in Safe Mode as well? If so, then I would suspect that some app you habitually install on your phones is responsible.

I made you the owner of your original guest post to make it easier to find.

Ciaran Inglis

Apr 4, 2020
Visit site
Does this happen in Safe Mode as well? If so, then I would suspect that some app you habitually install on your phones is responsible.

I made you the owner of your original guest post to make it easier to find.

well yeah i charged it all the way to 100% and booted it into safe mode and nothing changed still got stuck and then when it rebooted it went down to 96% i assume because i was on for a good hour or so
but thank you that does help haha

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Welcome to the forums. When you say that it gets stuck in 100% you mean the number in the status bar, right? What happens if you go to settings - battery? Does the graph show a different thing? Could you take a screenshot of the battery stats screen that shows that situation?

Ciaran Inglis

Apr 4, 2020
Visit site
Welcome to the forums. When you say that it gets stuck in 100% you mean the number in the status bar, right? What happens if you go to settings - battery? Does the graph show a different thing? Could you take a screenshot of the battery stats screen that shows that situation?

hello sorry I didn't get notified that someone had replied but the battery indicator shows 100% when fully charged and I haven't checked the graph in battery settings so I'll go do that. Its hard to show what I mean

Ciaran Inglis

Apr 4, 2020
Visit site
Also, do 3rd party battery monitors like Accubattery show more accurate readings?

I haven't used any other battery reading apps or software but it seems that when it's fully charged it goes down a slower rate than normal I ran a quick test just yesterday and I charged my phone to 100% and used it as normal and the battery was going down. I managed to get it to 95% and then I restarted my phone for it to drop all the way to 92% so it seems to go down just not at the right percentage and this is the second device I've had in the past 2 weeks

Ciaran Inglis

Apr 4, 2020
Visit site
Just brainstorming here , do you have battery save mode on or extreme battery save mode?View attachment 345707

I tend to use battery saver on a normal day and extreme when I'm in need of saving a bit of battery but that's very rare and with the pixel 6 I haven't used it once. I saw a thread somewhere and someone was talking about how the adaptive battery features might have something to do with it but I only really use the adaptive battery and I turned adaptive charging off because again I never charge overnight

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I tend to use battery saver on a normal day and extreme when I'm in need of saving a bit of battery but that's very rare and with the pixel 6 I haven't used it once. I saw a thread somewhere and someone was talking about how the adaptive battery features might have something to do with it but I only really use the adaptive battery and I turned adaptive charging off because again I never charge overnight
Something else is going on those features shouldn't have anything to do with battery at 100%

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc