Pixel 6 Pro - honeymoon is over

Dan_B1979

Feb 22, 2015
Visit site
Well unfortunately it's on its way back to Amazon UK

Constant wifi & 5G connectivity issues; reset a number of times, still the same issues & only restarting the phone would rectify it, for a short period and then it'd start again :(

I've got my Samsung A53 5G to see me through and my Pixel 4XL; so will have a think about what to do and if I want to replace the Pixel 6 Pro...

Such a shame as I have been really impressed with the phone

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Sorry to hear about that.:(

ASUS Zenfone 9 has been sounding pretty impressive, maybe give that a look.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
If you can wait it out until Android 13 arrives I hear lot good things and fixes , Android 12 been a mess

drvier8

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
If you can wait it out until Android 13 arrives I hear lot good things and fixes , Android 12 been a mess

I'm the 13 beta and it has improved the fingerprint reader (i give it a B now). It has not fixed the modem for me though. Still get much less signal than my work iPhone sitting right next to my P6.

It may be worth enrolling in the 13 beta while you're still in the return period and see if things are better for you.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I'm the 13 beta and it has improved the fingerprint reader (i give it a B now). It has not fixed the modem for me though. Still get much less signal than my work iPhone sitting right next to my P6.

It may be worth enrolling in the 13 beta while you're still in the return period and see if things are better for you.
Thanks for verifying, yeah I agree enroll in beta if your test driving it

Dan_B1979

Feb 22, 2015
Visit site
7 Pro due in September Dan,might be worth the wait?

Yeah; will look into that when it comes out... For now the Pixel 6 Pro is on its way back to Amazon UK for an £800 refund! Not keeping hold of a phone that isn't working correctly and then stuck because I can't return it

Will sit on a news phone until the new ones announced and then make a decision...

Wish I'd never sold my Samsung Note 20 Ultra TBH haha

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
I think that is part of the problem. They moved on too quickly to the 7 instead of working out all the bugs. Lots of software issues.

It does make you wonder... between Google pumping out a new pixel AND a new version of Android every year, do they really have time to get everything right?

Smokeaire01

Jul 3, 2015
Visit site
It does make you wonder... between Google pumping out a new pixel AND a new version of Android every year, do they really have time to get everything right?
It might seem that way but looking at the plethora of issue thread topics of other brands of phones I don't think Pixels are unique in this. It might seem that way only because the Pixels are the center of our interest and have (unwittingly perhaps) a case of confirmation bias.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
It might seem that way but looking at the plethora of issue thread topics of other brands of phones I don't think Pixels are unique in this. It might seem that way only because the Pixels are the center of our interest and have (unwittingly perhaps) a case of confirmation bias.

I totally agree with this. There's also a bit of special glee in the press when it comes to critiques about Pixel phones.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParkerAdams