Pixel 7 pro versus s22 Plus and s22 Ultra

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
Curious if anyone has experience with both the 22 plus and the pixel 7 pro or the s22 ultra in the pixel 7 pro and what they thought about it.

Sent from my SM-S908U1 using Tapatalk

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
It comes down to personal preference.

Some people like the simplicity of the Pixel, others prefer the everything but the kitchen sink approach of Samsung. No one else can really tell you which you will prefer.

The_Woo

Aug 22, 2020
Visit site
It comes down to personal preference.

Some people like the simplicity of the Pixel, others prefer the everything but the kitchen sink approach of Samsung. No one else can really tell you which you will prefer.
Totally agree with this.

Both offer a different experience.

Difference maker for me (imo) is that the pixel has a superior point and shoot camera. S22u a better video. I take tons of pics so I tend to lean pixel(s) quite often.

Sent from my SM-F936U1 using Tapatalk

bkeaver

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
For me, the only Samsung I will own now is a zfold. Once Google releases theirs it maybe game over for Samsung for me.. just my personal opinion

srgonu

Dec 30, 2016
Visit site
For me Samsung one UI (multiple apps and dex) are just great. Also Samsung apps like files which can connect to NAS storage is simply great. At this time pixel will remain as backup. Too much for Google to catch in functionality. Work day productive phone is Samsung (Fold 3) and pixel (7 pro) does great for weekends.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
Totally agree with this.

Both offer a different experience.

Difference maker for me (imo) is that the pixel has a superior point and shoot camera. S22u a better video. I take tons of pics so I tend to lean pixel(s) quite often.

I LOVE taking photos thais a big selling point for me

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
Do you prefer point and shoot or manual modes? Point and shoot is better on Pixel, but manual is not even available on Pixel.
Always point and shoot. I just adjust lighting sometimes when in point shoot mode.

Also I see the Pixel has 12 GB ram whereas the S22+ is just 8 GB. I have used both rams and notice a difference

Joshua Luther1

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
Not even a fair comparison between the S22+ and the 7 Pro. The 7 Pro blows the plus out of the water. The performance, battery life, no lag camera. 12gb vs 8gb RAM. I had the S22+ and I now have the 7 Pro.

Signal strength is much better on the 7 Pro than the S22 plus.

I can't speak to the performance of the S22 Ultra but I've heard a lot better things about it than the Plus or smaller S22. So I wouldn't even consider the smaller two S22'S if you're wanting to buy a Samsung phone.

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk

X1tymez

Q&A Team
Mar 27, 2016
Visit site
Why don't you wait out for S23 announcement before considering Pixel 7 Pro.

I know some of us here will jump and jump again :).

SteveC

Jan 15, 2010
Visit site
I currently have the S22 Ultra and the Pixel 7 Pro. I agree with the personal preference sentiment posted already. Both are fantastic phones, both are different from the other. The Samsung UI format and the Google format are the biggest differences. I like both but prefer the Pixel. I like lots of things in the Samsung setup such as DeX and some other things as well. But mostly I view the bulk of the UI as wasted space.

My daily driver is the P 7 Pro. I get far fewer spam calls and texts with the P7P. Clear calling makes it much easier for me to hear calls. Samsung can't touch Google Assistant. The p7p excels as a point and shoot camera. A lot of photo opportunity is very quick to come and go. so I like the pixel. The 7 pro has much better cellular reception than the P 6 pro I had.

Th S 22 U has better WiFi connections than the pixel. I use it as a tether hotspot. It has somewhat better cellular connectivity than the 7 pro, but not enough to make a difference noticeable in my daily use.

My main gripe with all of the smartphones I have had is touch screen response. Neither the S22U or the P7p are really outstanding for me. They work, but I never really know what either one will do when I issue a touch command. Mostly they work, but sometimes I think I fell into a rabbit hole. The fingerprint sensors seem about the same to me. Mostly they work, but sometimes they don't...when they don't, they really don't.

Both take fantastic photos, the likes of which seemed impossible from a smartphone not so long ago. I'm a telephoto admirer.

Hard to go wrong with either one

alarsen77

Jan 2, 2016
Visit site
I have both the S22 Ultra and the Pixel 7 Pro. I will agree with what was already said, they are both great phones and it really comes down to preference.

I prefer the P7P over the S22 Ultra for a few reasons. I like the UI better on the Pixel. I also like the results from the Pixel camera. I have a 16 month old daughter and I get far fewer blurry pictures from the Pixel. The camera features are amazing as well. Magic eraser and unblur are really nice to have.

The S22 Ultra is my work phone and for that I love it. I don't use the s-pen a whole lot. I like some of the customization you can do with good lock on the Samsung (but don't necessarily miss it while using the Pixel). The camera is also great on the S22 Ultra and the 10x optical zoom is amazing. If you do a lot of selfies the S22 Ultra is miles ahead of the Pixel in quality in my opinion mainly due to having autofocus capability.

Both phones are great but if someone told me to choose only one to use on a daily basis right now that would be the P7P as I enjoy the UI, how smooth the phone is and the camera.

The_Woo

Aug 22, 2020
Visit site
I LOVE taking photos thais a big selling point for me

If photos are a major selling point, then my recommendation is the pixel. Especially if you take photos of moving objects (kids, pets, etc.). Samsung has always struggled with shutter lag....

Technerd71

Dec 17, 2022
Visit site
I have a Samsung Galaxy s22 plus and a Pixel 7 Pro. I traded in my iPhone 13 Pro Max when the 7 Pro was on sale.

I like the Samsung s22 plus because it has a flat display and a small footprint for a 6.6" phone. It is a great phone in it's own right but honestly I prefer the Pixel 7 Pro in almost every way.

The screen on the Pixel 7 Pro is better both in resolution but also in color temperature. No matter how much I adjusted the S22 plus it has a green tint which the P7P doesn't. The cameras are better on the Pixel. The UI is a lot smoother with better animations on the Pixel but one UI 5 has made improvements over the previous version.

I like Samsung a lot because of their generous trade in value for repeat customers and I have had decent experiences with their customer service. I think Samsung hardware is hard to beat in many ways.

However all that being said the Pixel 7 Pro is really a nice phone. It has a better screen, better battery life, and smoother UI. Call quality is also excellent. The speakers could be a bit louder and more balanced and I wish it had a flat display but really their is nothing that I really have any issues with.

I was really sold on iPhone after having one for a few years but I am really impressed with the Pixel 7 Pro and Android 13 in general. I don't know if I will go back to an iPhone if Pixel continues to be quick and bug free. If the next iteration improves on this device with ultrasonic fingerprint sensor and the latest AMOLED screen and balances the speakers with further improvements to Tensor I may be a loyal Pixel customer. This phone feels finally like a flagship compared to past Pixels. So far I am really happy and impressed with it.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
I ended up returning it because currently it doesn't support my Amazon Flex app which is a huge deal to me and I can't sit around and wait anywhere from a couple weeks to a couple months for the app to update to work with the Google phone.

Cool Jeff

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
I have the S22 Ultra snap since April 2022, very stable phone but boring (I had the s21u for a year before) and the s23u looks like a copy/paste but with a newer snapdragon chipset. what annoys me most with samsung UI is that I have to sometime double tap to select something because samsung won't let you open an app or a setting if the scrolling effect is not 100% stopped

These are the points I concluded from the reviews so far, stop me if I am wrong

Advantages Pixel 7 Pro:
-UI is more fluid and responsive, specially vs the double tap thingy of samsung I mentioned earlier
-Main camera is better
-Speaker is louder
-Many more AI added values like unblur photos or portrait
-Root friendly as you don't have knox to stop your warranty
-Telephoto 5x is cleaner and sharper than 3x one of the S22U, and more useful in everyday life than x10
-Lighter

Advantages S22U:
-Bigger screen even though very slightly
-spen but I only used it to make more precise whatsapp stickers, I can live without it
-chipset is faster on paper though I personally I don't play 3D games on smartphones
-Resale value is excellent, dunno about the pixel(s)
-Charging time is like 30 minutes faster

??
Customization on the P7P are numerous if you root and flash a custom rom, stock rom has only a very few ones, AOD and lock-screen are weak on stock for example
If you root and use a custom rom on P7P, will it be able to hide the root from bank apps and virtual car for doors access app?
How long does it takes to charge your P7P from 30ish % to 100%?
Can you use the Samsung 45w charger?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair