Pixel Fold does not awaken when the screen is tapped or Power Button pressed

FF22

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I have had a few occasions when the front screen has not come on when the screen is tapped or I press the Power (finger print) Button. On those occasions I have repeatedly tapped both the screen and Power button. It has responded when I open to the inner screen which comes on immediately and then when closed the front screen will come on. Anybody seen this behavior?

It just happened again and I've captured a video of the behavior. Is there some setting I've overlooked for something else that might account for this behavior? I works most of the time, but as said, it happens occasionally, as it just did now.

Bkdodger1

Jun 27, 2019
Visit site
Can you think of maybe any recent app you might have added that might be conflicting with it... If it keeps happening it might be good to go into safe mode and see if it happens then?....

FF22

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Someone in another forum suggested MAGNETS can have this impact. My case does have magnetic latches. I will have to experiment.

By the way, does Google actually have a Pixel Fold forum or community?

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Someone in another forum suggested MAGNETS can have this impact. My case does have magnetic latches. I will have to experiment.

By the way, does Google actually have a Pixel Fold forum or community?
Yeah try without magnet case
Google themselves have a forum