Pixel Slate - Enable tap dragging option is not available

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I'm looking to enable the 'Enable tab dragging' in tablet mode. But I don't see the option as explained on the Pixel Slate help center (refer below). On tapping on 'Mouse and touchpad' option, it takes me to device settings. However, I don't see any option for 'Mouse and touchpad' under device settings. Please help.

========== From Pixel Slate Help Center ===========
Tap and drag your finger to move objects
1. In the bottom right, select the time to open the status area.
2. Select Settings Settings
3. At the bottom, select Advanced.
4. In the "Accessibility" section, select Manage accessibility features.
5. Under "Mouse and touchpad," turn on Enable tap dragging.
6. Select Open mouse and touchpad device settings.
7. Turn on Enable tap-to-click.

To use tap-to-click, double-tap the object and hold, then drag it to move.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! On mine, I can go to the Device Settings (not the browser settings -- i.e., bring up the status panel at the lower right and tap the gear icon there, not the Settings option in the upper right menu button) and find it. In the Device Settings, it's under Device>Touchpad.

Screenshot 2019-12-13 at 11.49.30 AM.jpg
Screenshot 2019-12-13 at 11.49.34 AM.jpg

I went ahead and moved this to the Pixel Slate forum.

mus8009

Dec 19, 2019
Visit site
Hi B. Diddy - thank you for your response and the screenshots to explain the same. However, i believe you are doing this with a keyboard attached, is that true? If not, then i still don't see the 'Touchpad' option under device settings.

By the way, i had posted this question originally.

What I'm basically looking is to perform a mouse-like function with touch (my fingers or pixel pen). An example to give is that I'm making a photobook on Shutterfly.com. I can't drag pics from the photo tab to the book, or change the size of the photos on the book or move any objects around while I'm making the book. Basically these are all 'mouse' functions but I imagined that i would be able to do these without a mouse with 'Enable tap dragging' feature.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I do have a Brydge Bluetooth keyboard paired, but the setting still shows up after I've turned off the keyboard and am using Slate as a tablet. And when I turn on that option, it does let me tap to drag on the touchscreen. I'm not sure if it only shows up if you've connected or paired a keyboard in the first place, but that seems unlikely. Can you show a screenshot of what your settings menu looks like? http://forums.androidcentral.com/ge...ide-how-post-screenshots-android-central.html

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC