Pixel XL compatible with Verizon LTE Advanced?

imma_rage_quit

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
Hello,

I know the Pixel XL sold from the Verizon store is compatible with their LTE Advanced network but my question is this. Is the Pixel XL which you can buy from the Google Store and carrier unlocked compatible with their LTE Advanced network. Additionally does Verizon unlock the other advanced calling features such as HD voice and simultaneous voice and LTE data on this phone?

I'm currently on AT&T with the Nexus 6P and they don't allow me to use the advanced calling features (HD Voice and simultaneous voice and LTE data) so I kinda feel like I'm getting shafted a little since I'm paying full price for the network but I'm only able to use part of the features. So when VZW brought back their "unlimited" plan for less than I'm paying for my capped data plan on AT&T. Plus the LTE Advanced network that VZW has is like 3X's faster than AT&T's network.

Thanks in advance!

popkurn611

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
Hello,

I know the Pixel XL sold from the Verizon store is compatible with their LTE Advanced network but my question is this. Is the Pixel XL which you can buy from the Google Store and carrier unlocked compatible with their LTE Advanced network. Additionally does Verizon unlock the other advanced calling features such as HD voice and simultaneous voice and LTE data on this phone?

I'm currently on AT&T with the Nexus 6P and they don't allow me to use the advanced calling features (HD Voice and simultaneous voice and LTE data) so I kinda feel like I'm getting shafted a little since I'm paying full price for the network but I'm only able to use part of the features. So when VZW brought back their "unlimited" plan for less than I'm paying for my capped data plan on AT&T. Plus the LTE Advanced network that VZW has is like 3X's faster than AT&T's network.

Thanks in advance!
I too feel like I'm being slighted with at&t not having HD voice on the pixel, it's bogus. Both Verizon and T-Mobile have it so why can't at&t? I just spoke with Verizon about switching over and I am stuck in a deep hole with at&t. The amount of money I'd have to pay to get away from at&t is too much just for HD voice

imma_rage_quit

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
I too feel like I'm being slighted with at&t not having HD voice on the pixel, it's bogus. Both Verizon and T-Mobile have it so why can't at&t? I just spoke with Verizon about switching over and I am stuck in a deep hole with at&t. The amount of money I'd have to pay to get away from at&t is too much just for HD voice
I hear ya. I'm a free agent so it costs me nothing except a new phone to access LTE Advanced if I want it. In my area I need the LTE advanced if I want decent speeds out of Verizon. If we are talking standard LTE speeds AT&T blows Verizon out of the water in my area...

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I found out tonight my friend on Verizon can do a Verizon Video Call with me on my Pixel XL. We were on a call and I saw the Video icon and tapped it -- worked like FaceTime for iPhone.

Preach2k

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
I found out tonight my friend on Verizon can do a Verizon Video Call with me on my Pixel XL. We were on a call and I saw the Video icon and tapped it -- worked like FaceTime for iPhone.
Yes I have been doing the Verizon video call for over a month now. It came in a update awhile back.