Pixel xl naked?

Seremedy

Nov 24, 2014
Visit site
Anyone use there XL without a case? I have a black XL and may want to use it naked, is there a lot if scratches on your guys?

mrcil20

Mar 29, 2015
Visit site
I installed a matte black dbrand skin on mine. Just for the added grip a the bit more scratch protection. I absolutely HATE any case, specially on a big phone like the XL.

YingTK

Dec 6, 2016
Visit site
I second this statement. The rear glass scratches way too easily. My phone received 2 noticeable scratches on the glass in 1 hour without a case. Mind you, all I did was placing (no, I didn't throw it) my phone on a wooden desk and a plastic desk a few times.

I for one dislike having to use a case, but with a pixel, unless you don't care about scratches on the rear glass, either a case or a wrap is necessary. I consider this a design fault.

matty032

Trusted Member
Feb 7, 2010
Visit site
I love my naked Pixel XL, but too scared to not have some sort of case. So I settled for a thin clear case. Still hate it though.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Really? I have minute scratches even though I put a case on. I have seen plenty of people complaining about the back glass easily scratching just with normal use.
Well this is my second XL but I didn't have scratches on the first either. I traded my first one (black) with a moderator here for a blue one. So I've only had this one about a month.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Well this is my second XL but I didn't have scratches on the first either. I traded my first one (black) with a moderator here for a blue one. So I've only had this one about a month.
Hmm may be the color matters? On black is easily visible probably?

YingTK

Dec 6, 2016
Visit site
I used all my phones naked. some of them have scratches and some don't. I don't care about scratches as I think they are normal / natural.

I normally wouldn't worry that much. After all, the phone's gonna get scratched sooner or later. What's different about the rear glass on the pixel though, is that whoever designed it didn't put a barrier between the whole glass and the part that covers the camera. One would have to pray that no scratch ever gets over the camera lens, otherwise the phone's ruined. There are also many reports of cracked rear glass, and some actually had their crack across the camera. I can't really understand why google never thought of it, but then I figured, this is gonna make the changing cycle much sooner for them. Gosh, even by moving the metal rim surrounding the flash light to camera makes the design more practical.

Hmm may be the color matters? On black is easily visible probably?

I've thought about that as well. Mine is also a black one, which scratched easily.

blackhemi4x4

Dec 8, 2013
Visit site
I'm normally not a case user and I don't mind minor scratches but I put a case on this one just because the phone is so dang slippery

muzzy996

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
I went with a DBrand wrap and Rhino bumper. Liking the combination but had to deal with the issue of some headphone plugs not being able to fit/reach into the hole. For me the wrap was a must because I hate the two tone layout of the half glass back.

peter nde63h

Feb 12, 2017
Visit site
I normally wouldn't worry that much. After all, the phone's gonna get scratched sooner or later. What's different about the rear glass on the pixel though, is that whoever designed it didn't put a barrier between the whole glass and the part that covers the camera. One would have to pray that no scratch ever gets over the camera lens, otherwise the phone's ruined. There are also many reports of cracked rear glass, and some actually had their crack across the camera. I can't really understand why google never thought of it, but then I figured, this is gonna make the changing cycle much sooner for them. Gosh, even by moving the metal rim surrounding the flash light to camera makes the design more practical.
I would handle my phone with care so as not to break the glass. I don't like using cases or screen protectors as they violate the design and feel of the phone...^^

Matty

Q&A Team
Mar 15, 2014
Visit site
Anyone use there XL without a case? I have a black XL and may want to use it naked, is there a lot if scratches on your guys?

I tend to always use a case. Just because I like keeping my phone in the car or on my desk. Hairline scratches do occur unfortunately especially if you like the beach. The Glass part at the back is more susceptible

If you want, you can always get a DBrand skin for the rear. That till take care of any scratches and it doesn't add any bulk to the phone :D

I think if you are careful, you can keep your Pixel looking brand new

A droid a day keeps the Apple away

sangs

Trusted Member
May 9, 2015
Visit site
Tried, couldn't do it. Have no patience to apply skins, so found the thinnest black case with a little bit of texture that I could from Nillkin. Very pleased.

Latest posts

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shellycharls9