Pixilated pictures in messages

chefmorry

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
I've had an intermittent problem with pictures that I've both sent and received being pixilated in text threads.

Below is a picture my wife sent me this morning. The thumbnail looks fine, but when I click on it so it enlarges, it becomes pixelated. See attachments. When I download the photo, though, it looks fine.

Same happened the other day with pictures I sent someone, as well.

I'm using the Samsung Messages App.

Anyone else having similar issues or know a solution?

View attachment 286017
1728.jpg

bbgpsuser

Jul 26, 2015
Visit site
This is common for pictures sent via text regardless of phone. The picture must be reduced in size to be sent via text. If you want full quality, it is best if your wife uploads photos to her Google photo area and shares the photo to you from there.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
What you're showing is 29.3KB in size - if that's accurate, that's the thumbnail. Viewing that in an enlarged format will of course show pixellation.

Email handles up to 25MB, so that would probably handle the entire picture. And, as bbgpsuser said, a link tot he picture posted anywhere in full size would also do it.

SDTRMG

Jun 2, 2013
Visit site
those is a big problem with sending texting I suggest using samsung link is been working wonderings for me for photos and videos.

Just clink it, and send the link.

Attachments

• 4625.jpg
    4625.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 16