Place call or send message???

exsterminator

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
Is there any way to bypass the step in the "making a call" process so that when you press the contact name, it immediately places the call instead of giving you the option of making a call or sending a message?

For example, when I want to make a call, this is what I typically have to do:

Phone > contacts > select contact > press phone number > call placed

What I want to be able to do is bypass the step that makes me press the phone number and just dials when I select the contact name. Obviously if a contact has multiple phone numbers I would have to select which one but I send all messages from the message icon and all e-mails from the e-mail icon . . .

Thanks in advance

ateebtk

Aug 19, 2011
Visit site
Is there any way to bypass the step in the "making a call" process so that when you press the contact name, it immediately places the call instead of giving you the option of making a call or sending a message?

For example, when I want to make a call, this is what I typically have to do:

Phone > contacts > select contact > press phone number > call placed

What I want to be able to do is bypass the step that makes me press the phone number and just dials when I select the contact name. Obviously if a contact has multiple phone numbers I would have to select which one but I send all messages from the message icon and all e-mails from the e-mail icon . . .

Thanks in advance
you could just swipe the contact name to the right to PLACE CALL ... or swipe the contact name to the left to SEND MESSAGE

exsterminator

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
you could just swipe the contact name to the right to PLACE CALL ... or swipe the contact name to the left to SEND MESSAGE

Loving this idea, thanks. I guess for contacts with multiple numbers the swipe will default to the first number listed? Is there a way to make it a simple press contact and make call unless contact has multiple numbers and then you have to select a number???

lavman72

Jun 13, 2011
Visit site
To streamline the process a bit more you could put a Contact (Direct Dial) or Contact (Message) shortcut on your screen. If you have folks that you call or text more frequently.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Justices777