Play.google.com thinks Skype is installed on my phone but it is not.

arelg

Jul 10, 2014
Visit site
I tried to put Skype on my phone but there was some sort of Internet problem and it was never installed. As I recall I wasn't even able to download it. But now play.google.com thinks it is installed. What can I do to straighten this out?

Thanks, Bob

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I moved this from the Android Apps forum to the General Help forum, since the former is intended for developers to promote their apps.

How are you trying to install the Skype app? Through the Play Store app, or the Play Store website on your browser? Make sure you're using the Play Store app.

arelg

Jul 10, 2014
Visit site
Thanks very much B. Diddy. Although I do not recall I probably used the website thru the browser. I might have even been using the browser on an iPad or Windows laptop. It think I have done that before to install other apps. But I tried the app on the phone and that worked fine. So Thanks!

Bob

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Great! When the Play Store site says "Installed," that means it's been installed at some point on one of your devices, not necessarily the one you're currently using. If you tap the Installed button, it should then give you a list of all compatible devices, and you can then choose which device to install the app to. The Play Store app is specifically for the device that it's installed on, and will tell you if the app is installed on that device only.