Play Store: Touchless Control Update (4.3.10)

clankfu

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site

clankfu

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
Re: New Touchless Control update

Looks like it doesn't work well with 3rd party texting apps though.

For example, I'm using Hello SMS and instead of saying the sender's name, it says, "You have received a notification from Hello" and then the message.

Paisley

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site

Woot! Says my name now. love it. And yay to the read texts! Seems faster as well. Nice. I wish after the what's up she would ask if there's anything else. It would make sense.

Last edited:

Tom in Bristol

Sep 8, 2011
Visit site

Woot! Says my name now. love it. And yay to the read texts! Seems faster as well. Nice. I wish after the what's up she would ask if there's anything else. It would make sense.

I second this...want to be able to do like "Driving" when not actually driving.

jephanie

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site

Damn, this is awesome. I love how Moto keeps updating the bits and pieces that make this phone so great. I love my Moto X!!!

cappy718

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site

Damn, this is awesome. I love how Moto keeps updating the bits and pieces that make this phone so great. I love my Moto X!!!

I concur... This phone has really showed that specs don't matter. And it's now making Phil wish he didn't say he might have wrong about the phone of the year award vs the HTC one... Lol

Posted via my Moto X DE

Evilnut

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site

Is awesomer a word?! Because that's what touchlesss control is now! Man this Moto X just keeps getting better & better!

Posted via Android Central App on my Ebony backed Moto X

readhpr

Sep 3, 2011
Visit site

"What's up" is fantastic! First time I tried it, it greeted me by name, told me what time it is, and said there wasn't much going on. Then a notification for a Hangouts message came in so I tried again, and it told me I had a new Hangouts message, who it was from, and then read it to me. Email messages it says who it's from and the subject of the email (it would be nice if it would offer to read the entire message, but this is pretty darn cool as is and I'm not complaining).

clankfu

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site

I just noticed that if you use the "Play [artist] or [song]" command, you can specify another music service instead of Google Play Music. It works with Spotify!

Is this a new thing?

irocem@comcast.net

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site

Mark my words.. Apple is working on this right now. In a year,most phones makers will give you the ability to customize your phone like the Moto x. The voice commands from the lock screen are the wave of the future. I have about 5-6 people switching to Moto x when their contracts are up,including iphone users.. I was on an apple forum and they are up in arms about this.. Why doesn't apple do this? The voice control on the Moto x is a gimmick,ect... You can't make it up! I love it! :)

JoeNM84

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site

Mark my words.. Apple is working on this right now. In a year,most phones makers will give you the ability to customize your phone like the Moto x. The voice commands from the lock screen are the wave of the future. I have about 5-6 people switching to Moto x when their contracts are up,including iphone users.. I was on an apple forum and they are up in arms about this.. Why doesn't apple do this? The voice control on the Moto x is a gimmick,ect... You can't make it up! I love it! :)

All of this and the twist for camera. I love it, I never thought it would be as useful as it is.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Willowbark