Playback of Movies

HellBoundSinner

Mar 27, 2010
Visit site
Hi all,

I am converting movies and I notice that no matter what program I use or settings, the lip sync is off by a little bit. I have tried using Handbrake, Any Video Converter, Daniusoft Video Converter....all do the same thing....lip sync is off. Any ideas on what to try or maybe tweak settings. I am using the Video Player from the app market to play and I even used the one with the Droid Eris, but nothing seems to sync up correctly.

redman213

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
Yeah I had this problem when I first got a BB Storm. Download format factory, it's free and I think it converts sound correctly but I haven't used it in a while so I don't know.

jorgi

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site
I've been using Mobile Media Converter to convert avis to 3gp format, which seems to work flawlessly on my Linux machine. It's available for mac and windows, too. I'm using mVideoPlayer from the marketplace for my playback.

A few things to consider - have you downsized the videos at all? The eris has a 480x360 max resolution, and I notice that if I don't scale the videos down when I'm converting, I get an error.

When I've scaled them to 480 max, they play fine. That's inside the converter settings. I wonder whether the eris processor is overwhelmed trying to play something at larger resolutions? All I know is that at 480x360 or 480x270 for HD, I get crystal sharp playback with no problems.

I'm also using VLC (on my computer) to figure out the frames per second (tools>codec info) and making sure I convert the files at that same fps.

If worse comes to worst, I believe most converters have an option to offset the audio by a set amount. You'd need to experiment inside your full media player on your computer and find out exactly how much you need to advance or retard the audio track to get it to synch up correctly, and then use that amount to offset the audio track in your converter.

I'm pretty new to video stuff, so I can't really comment on the specific programs you're using, but most should give you ways of adjusting them during the video rendering to make the audio and video synch up correctly in the final output.

FauxCaptain

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
I'm not sure how good it is, but Real Player SP allows you to download videos from wherever and you can convert them to many different types of forms. And there is an option for the Eris. I checked. But, I'm not sure how well it works.

HellBoundSinner

Mar 27, 2010
Visit site
I've tried all of these but I still get the off sync. I have tried Super, Handbrake (even with the profile settings in the SMOR tv site), Daniusoft converter, etc. I still get bad lip syncing.

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
I've tried all of these but I still get the off sync. I have tried Super, Handbrake (even with the profile settings in the SMOR tv site), Daniusoft converter, etc. I still get bad lip syncing.

If you play them back on the computer, is sound sync ok for the same files?

I've played only one ripped movie (using Handbrake) on my Eris (using the iPhone & iPod Touch preset - the output was 464 X 192) and it looks ok on my Eris. It may have only the slightest of sound delay, but not enough to look like a foreign film dubbed in English or anything.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akaalid